Clearly, they're hunting down irregular publishers

by ILoveTTATT2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• midnight
    midnight

Everyone there is a 1 day assembly coming up the elders are on the phone is this part of a well known tactic to get bums on seats and money in boxes ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It is evident from the year's report that a number
    of persons who used to be Jehovah's witnesses
    found reasons sufficient to convince themselves
    that they need no longer worship and serve Jehovah
    and attend meetings at the house of their
    God. Such ones drifted away. However, there
    is still an opportunity before one dies to ask for
    forgiveness and share in God's goodness by returning
    to the ministry.

I cant believe they actually said that, who said that the lying corrupt Watchtower Publishing house was gods chosen organization ? Some people obviously fell for this marketing scam.

The adage was more people means more devoted workers distributing their literature to the public, more money, more power and control over people too.

Its so Christian like to that to people isn't though ?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Remember also that their bar for being counted as a publisher is set pretty low. You can be in a nursing home and count 15 minutes a month or invalid and write a couple of letters an be counted as a publisher.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Remember also that their bar for being counted as a publisher is set pretty low. You can be in a nursing home and count 15 minutes a month or invalid and write a couple of letters an be counted as a publisher.
    Very true. I believe that is one way in which they have been inflating the numbers. Setting the bar lower and lower to be considered a publisher and not go "irregular".
  • sir82
    sir82

The presentation and interpretation of the stats in that '67 yearbook are rather skewed, but, the intent remains - the JWs were experiencing a slow down at that time (according to the "official" count) and they were due for a dressing down for their negligence to the org.

In 1966, the "Everlasting Freedom" book, with its chart pointing to 1975, was released.

What a co-inky-dink!

• contramundum
    contramundum

When I became an irregular publisher, as a prelude to my fade, the congregation secretary phoned for my report religiously every month . As soon as the six month deadline was up and I became officially inactive, he gave up.

That was over a year ago - I've not moved address or changed my phone numbers ( he used to try both my mobile and landline ) however I've not heard from him since.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just a thought. does a bro who is giving the public talk count the time as preaching--after all--there are bound to be some unbaptised ones in the audience ?

• freddo
    freddo

@stan

Yes he does because it is a "public" talk. That is in writing in the "Organized" book somewhere.

edited to add: Page 76 of the revised 2015 version.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband told me of the field service overseer who had been turning in slips for irregular publishers for an hour each month missed because he was sure they had gone out.

Or the one that called in August to get all the holes filled in retroactively for the service year (or to look good for the CO).

It was a common occurrence. After all, if humans don't know, does it matter for

"God has left the land and he is not seeing"

• Arthur Others
    Arthur Others
    There was a family of 12 that moved from one city to our congo in a different city. Those 12 publishers would be counted in each city in the Peak publishers for that year.

Wow, I didn't realize that's how they worked it. If you consider how many people move congregations, because of issues with brothers and sisters in their congregation, those peak numbers add up big time!

When I became an irregular publisher, as a prelude to my fade, the congregation secretary phoned for my report religiously every month . As soon as the six month deadline was up and I became officially inactive, he gave up.

My scenario is laughable. The Elder contacts me every three months and asks for my time. I text him my made-up time for the past three months and I don't hear from him again until three months later. It's crazy that I'm still active because of that! Occasionally he'll send a mass text that CO is coming but that's it. No shepard call, no encouragement, just a text every three months. So easy and ridiculous.
    does a bro who is giving the public talk count the time as preaching--after all--there are bound to be some unbaptised ones in the audience ?

Even the sound technicians at the assemblies and conventions count their time when working sound. I know because one of the guys who works the sound department setup for the big conventions told me point blank, when I joked about it. They said that they do. Not sure if that was common knowledge or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit