Report Card : How’s President Biden Doing?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

For over 10 years I voted for Green Party Candidates - especially for President. I noticed that Bernie Sanders in 2020 had a platform very much like the Green Party platforms of various years in this century so I voted for Bernie in the Democratic party primaries in 2016 and in 2020. Biden adopted much of Bernie's platform in regards to protecting the environment and promoting a conversion to green clean energy. After Biden won the Presidential nomination I noticed that the Democratic Party had embraced so much of Bernie's ideas and of the Green Party that I voted for Biden and decided to remain in the Democratic Party (instead of switching back to the Green Party after the election). Environmental issues are greatly important to me. I am very impressed with a number of policy actions of Biden. I am much happier with the Biden presidency than with the former Trump presidency.

I also notice the following as a result of the Biden administration: that the S & P 500 stock market index reached an all-time high within the last two trading days (which is great for my 401-K retirement plan); my stock trading of green energy companies have me much richer in the past few months than I have ever been in my entire life (so much so that they made up for all my cumulative losses in stock/options trading prior to the presidential election of 2020); that Covid-19 vaccines are becoming rapidly available in USA; that on yesterday the US government reported a huge increase in employment (from payroll numbers reports) for last month; that the USA and Iran appear to be moving towards reaching a new deal regarding nuclear matters (or to having talks about that matter); that a lot of brilliant people (including Harris) are part of the Biden team; I approve of Biden's policy regarding mask wearing and social distancing as part of the effort to reduce the infection rate of Covid-19 and I notice that even per capital reported cases of the flu and the common cold are now lower than in recent prior years; that other developments I like are also happening.

I am however concerned of the large number people very recently coming into the USA through the southern border of the USA.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Biden seems to be doing well in getting the American population vaccinated, his new and very expensive economic program will be something else to review and evaluate by year's end and going forward into the following year.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Disillusioned JW, I appreciate your answer which gives reasons and does not consist of derogatory remarks. I agree with you some and disagree some. First, though I consider myself a right-wing conservative, I am an avid conservationist and am, like you, greatly concerned about the environment.

As far as people go, I don't like Trump or Biden, but I like Trump far more than Biden. I know that Trump is flawed, but I just detest Biden. He is so phony and incapable. He is the typical politician - doing and saying what he thinks he needs to in order to win votes. I honestly believe he couldn't care less about the environment, people wanting to immigrate to the U.S., etc. I believe that he and his son care only about themselves and that they are a danger to this country because they have to answer to China.

Biden has done great damage by being soft on illegal immigration. I believe that even though Trump couldn't care less about the environment, his policies would have overall been better for the environment. I say that because I think Trump's policies would have been better overall for the country - making it stronger. A strong U.S. would be in a better position to contribute toward the correcting of environmental issues. With people flooding into the country, the middle class disappearing, etc., the U.S. is weakening (at least in my opinion). I believe that only strong countries with controlled populations can take care of the environment. To me Biden is weakening the country and losing control of the population.

Also, Biden is weak and incapable and not in control.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

brilliant people (including Harris)

Not sure those two things should be mentioned together.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am however concerned of the large number people very recently coming into the USA through the southern border of the USA.

Too bad there isn't a border wall or something like that.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yeah, DOC, I gotta admit, I was stumped by the reference to Harris as being "brilliant".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Biden is weak and incapable and not in control.

Come watch the Presidential... - Scotty's Lounge & Lanes | Facebook

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Magnum, I also do not the appreciate the derogatory remarks that are sometimes made by others. However, unlike you, I detest Trump (while acknowledging that he did some good things as President) - even before he became President, but especially after he began campaigning for the Presidential election of 2016.To me the USA Senate should have convicted Trump of the impeachment charges of incitement and then voted to bar him from all future high office in the USA federal government. To me Trump is largely dishonorable but Joe Biden is honorable. To me Trump is predominantly a liar and Biden is predominately someone who says that which he considers to be true. To me The Truth and being truthful are extremely important and I abhor it when people and organizations lie to me.

Regarding Harris, when I saw her in the debates for the Democratic Party nomination for President I was impressed with a number of things she said. After it became apparent to me that Sanders would not win the nomination for President and that Warren would not become a VP nominee I then wanted Harris to become the Vice President of the USA. I was also very impressed by what Harris said in her Vice Presidential debate with Pence. That debate of hers showed me that she has a brilliant mind.

I am thoroughly convinced that Biden is truly committed to fighting climate change and that he cares greatly about protecting our planet from the harms of climate change. I believe that Sanders probably convinced Biden of what is needed to fight climate change. I see Biden as being far more in favor of science and of applying scientific knowledge than Trump, including when the scientific knowledge is discouraging (such as how serious Covid-19 is and what needs to be done to fight it). Biden is also getting tough on China, contrary to what Trump said would be the case. [See https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/22/us-china-relations-bidens-team-talks-tough-on-china-.html and https://www.npr.org/2021/02/05/964581463/inside-the-biden-administrations-policy-on-china-and-taiwan .]

• minimus
    minimus

Dis, it’s amazing how people can see something and take two different views on what is seen or heard. One person looks at a record and says Trump is the best President. Another person sees the same record and says Trump is the worst ever. Similar to JWs who view the Truth as being good and true or a JW who sees the religion as bogus. People are so diverse.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

The sock puppet is being used by Marxist apparatchiks to attempt to destroy the United States as we know it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit