Does The Watchtower Corporation's Teachings Of Black White Thinking Induce Borderling Personality Disorder In Many Cult member?

by Brokeback Watchtower 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    1)And what is your basis for this conclusion?2) How do you know this to be true?3) What's your evidence?

1)My thinking is all. 2) I don't 3) Get a life asshole a stop being so fucking stupid.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Disclaimer: I'm no expert in any of this, but I've listened to podcasts about such things by other people ;), and I don't care enough to battle with citations.

With that out of the way, from what I understand even genetic conditions like mental illness are often expressed due to environment.

I know that I'm likely on the ADHD spectrum and that I have a natural level of anxiety. I also know that as a JW those things were nearly crippling. I always had suicidal ideations as well. Since disassociating, no more ideations, not a one, my social anxiety is down to a dull roar and I've gone into lots of new situations, and I focus much better. I did things to work on all of that prior to disassociating, but it practically went away afterward.

BPD isn't actually something that is diagnosed in much of the population anyway, but I think that in general JWs do bring out mental illness in various ways.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    BBW: Get a life asshole a stop being so fucking stupid.

I have a life. I'm trying to help you to "stop being so fucking stupid."

It doesn't seem to be working.

You are doing exactly what the WT leadership does: you make baseless assertions without evidence and then attack people that challenge you.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

Yes. Yes, it does. I've seen it firsthand.

CC

• flipper
    flipper

Yes, most definitely it causes it. Thanks for sharing the info. A lot of this info harmonizes with Steve Hassan's views of how damaging cult mind control is as well to cult members

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I have a life. I'm trying to help you to "stop being so fucking stupid."
    It doesn't seem to be working.

Well get back to it(your life), and stop trying to 'help' me,, because I'm a lost cause and you will never get anywhere, wherever that is.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yes. Yes, it does. I've seen it firsthand.

That's kinda like the way I feel, but my point of view being around JWs exclusively for 30 years and worldy people 34. I tend to feel they have a higher % of mentally ill then the general population but I could be wrong. Thanks for your 'opinion', CC.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Anyway this is partially related see this movie called the "The Accountant";

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJe4hqs42ss&list=PLJQDDufbSBLhoPc9aHkmc7sbGG5YueU_a

I think it gives a nice way to help people to understand different types of human behavior and what is autism and other related different classifications.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yes, most definitely it causes it. Thanks for sharing the info. A lot of this info harmonizes with Steve Hassan's views of how damaging cult mind control is as well to cult members. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Thanks as well. The watchtower indoctrination fills the mind with bull shit information and disrupts it's judgement processes and induces them to slave labor full time or part time to its information source, you know that's got to be bad all the way around. They won't listen to any criticism of the Corporation, basically turned into unconscious mindless drowns giving the corporation whole souled service. That's a big brain drain and captivation of valuable resources of the ego consciousness and suppression into one 'shadow' hard wired biological drives that need to be unsuppressed. They are a long way from reaching "wholeness"(Jungian).

• jp1692
    jp1692

Steve2, thank you for your thoughtful contributions to this discussion. Your comments about genetic vs environmental factors are pertinent, especially in light of longitudinal studies of twins separated soon after birth. I do take exception to your overly general comments about schizophrenia since, in my experience and research, the consensus of the psychological community is that of increasingly acknowledging problems with the current ways the term is both defined by the APA and used in diagnoses and treatments of individuals presenting widely disparate behaviors. (See, for example: Schizophrenia Is Not An Illness, Philip Hickey, PH.D.)

But to return to the issues raised in the OP, one of the biggest questions among mental health professionals is this: What is the key causative factor which determines whether or not an individual develops a mental illness such as depression or anxiety?

Competing theories advance biological, environmental, psychological and emotional/social factors as primary. So which is it? The answer is: It's complicated. Indeed, all are contributing factors and yet none by themselves are solely determinant. Nevertheless, one is more prominent than the others. Which is it?

In 2013, in the biggest ever online test into stress undertaken by the BBC's Lab UK and the University of Liverpool, a study was done which revealed that rumination is the biggest predictor of the most common mental health problems in the UK. Although the study was originated in the UK, it revealed results that concern people worldwide, not just those in the UK.

This study, which was devised by the BBC's Lab UK and psychologists at the University of Liverpool, was the biggest study of its kind ever undertaken in the UK. It included a total of 32,827 people from 172 countries. Click on the link below for details:

In commenting on the results of this study, the BBC reported, “The findings of a ground-breaking study, published in the journal PLOS ONE, suggest that brooding [or ruminating] too much on negative events is the biggest predictor of depression and anxiety” and other associated symptoms of mental illness. - [Emphasis added]

In other words, “a person's psychological response” is a more important factor in determining whether or not they develop symptoms of mental illness than whatever specific traumatic events they have experienced. How we view an event is actually more important to and for our mental health that what actually happened to us.

This is good news, because this means that how a person copes, or fails to cope, with traumatic events is often the key factor as to whether or not they develop mental illness. People can be taught healthy coping skills to alleviate and even rid themselves of their depression and anxiety. One essential element is identifying and ridding themselves of dysfunctional core beliefs which contribute to their malaise and replacing them with a healthy, positive and accurate worldview which promote emotional health, personal growth, recovery and healing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit