My son showed me his first signs of puberty just now.........:O

by Jesika 20 Replies latest social family

• Prisca
    Prisca

Me overly sensitive? Pot.Kettle.Black

hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jesika
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

hehhee Jess!

Now comes the "fun" part: the mood swings, the growth spurt (with the purchase of ten new pairs of shoes, pants and shirts in two weeks); the monotone answers; the sulking; and the irritability. Oh boy! My son was pretty private about his <cough> "emergence" but I could tell the outward signs right away. I had to read up on it to be ready to answer any questions, which he never asked anyway! When his voice changed over the course of what seemed like a month or so, my JW brother called. My son answered the phone and passed it over to me. My JW brother asked "WHO IS THAT MAN IN YOUR HOUSE?" HAHHHAHHHAH! When I told him it was his nephew, he was quite shocked!

Have fun and enjoy it, Jess. It can be hard, but rewarding in other ways in knowing that the really intense part of being a parent is coming up in which you will experience your full range of emotions and appreciate the fine young man your son is growing into.

Country Girl

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Jesika, I know you'd be so there for your son, with regards to his upcoming changes.

I wish...oh how I wished my parents had told me when I was 11-12 what was going on.

I found out everything, through schoolyard talk, and experimentation.

You're a cool Mom, and I wouldn't doubt that you'd be able to address any future questions your son may have.

It's neat, and I'm sure a bit heart warming. Watching your baby grow-up into a young adult. I have a good friend, he and his wife, have one son. I saw him while he was in Mom's tummy, and later on now as a 14 year old teenager. What a great kid. He still laughs at me when I remind him of my memories of him. He turns red.

Watching the changes, even with my friends' kids, make me smile all the time. They have great parents, ones who 'tell them everything they need to know'.

Jesika, it's nice your son feels comfortable enough to share his changes with you. That's great, you've established open lines of communication. Good job Jesika.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    MOM!!!

Right there with ya SW. You're doing fine Jes, keep the lines of communication open and give him boundaries and he'll be okay.

Yeah I know just what you mean Ray. I was just like you and had no one to talk to when I hit puberty. It was a little scary and weird all at the same time. I would have loved to have been able to ask questions and find out if I was "normal".

• Hamas
    Hamas

LOL

The start of many problems , I feel.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Good luck sister !

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Ohhhhhhhh poor Jes,,,,,,,,,the trouble begins.........lol. I can't believe how much my sweet little son changed in just a couple of years........he is full blow teenager 16,,,,,,,,who is so close to being a man it is scary......Treasure the days he is still sweet and innocent...lol.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Soulweaver :

Hey, at least you are getting it under your arms. My husband got cursed with a gene ( no one else in his family has it.. makes me wonder if he has viking blood somewhere). He sprouted hair in places other than his pits. An his mother embarassed the living crap outta him. She announced to a group of total strangers..." you gotta get a load of his... BACK!!!! I don't know what side of the family he has got that from!"

He was just like you "MOOOOooom!"... sheesh.

It is bad enough going through the changes and having your body freak out on you like some horror story flick..werewoolf!!!, but to have someone share with a couple hundred strangers the sprouting of manhood is a bit embarassing. I understand your momma is a proud mom. Buuutt I do sympathize with you, just roll with it Soul, just roll with it. It is the cycle of life thing and mom is freaking out that her snif baby is growing up. Pretty soon, she won't be able to do certain special things she once did with you as a kid. But, even when that passes, a whole other new things to do with you shall come up. Just remember, as you are adjusting to changes, so shall she be adjusting with you. So cut eachother some slack as you go. Because you will get on each-others' nerves. When she does just do your werewolf impression to her. Awwwoooooooo... and laugh.

X.

Of the THANK GOD I am done with puberty class.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

SoulWeaver: Congrats on your pit hair. Took Anthony forever to get that LOL Puberty is a scary time especially so young. Just talk to your Mom and Dad if you have any questions your friends aren't always the best source of information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit