My son showed me his first signs of puberty just now.........:O

by Jesika 20 Replies latest social family

• Jesika
    Jesika

Well, we are sitting at the computers and he told me he was growing hair under his arms.

I just shook my head and said ok, thinking it was all in his little head.

I mean COME ON he is ONLY 9!!

Well, I guess he could tell I didn't really believe him, so he pulled one out and showed it to me LOL!!

So, after a closer look, I do see some slightly darker hair growing under his arms.

I am not ready for this yet!!!!!!!! Then again, are we ever ready for this? At least I don't have a girl, the changes are alot more ground breaking IMHO.

Sorry, I just had to share. I am in shock!!!! I can't believe it is already starting!!!!!!!!!!

Jes

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

uh, congrats? lol. The Six household has just had some groundbreaking changes.

• riz
    riz

awww Six. So you finally got a pube, did ya?

• Jesika
    Jesika

LMAO@riz

Six, so the "little" girl growing up on ya huh??

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn
    I am not ready for this yet!!!!!!!! Then again, are we ever ready for this? At least I don't have a girl, the changes are alot more ground breaking IMHO.

As the father of two girls who have long since been through this:

1. He seems to be taking it pretty cool. He's going to have questions about what's happening and why. Now'd be the time to prepare for them. And while he might prefer talking to Dad about this, I had around a 50/50 role in answering my daughter's questions. There was a video shown at school that explained a lot of it too (my wife and I were given the chance to preview it, as other parents could, and we thought it was great).

2. He'll probably show more of a concern for privacy with bathing and toilet functions, if he hasn't already.

3. And...well...he might've reported "other" clues! I speak from experience as a Dad who helped explain what "periods" are.

• Jesika
    Jesika
    He'll probably show more of a concern for privacy with bathing and toilet functions, if he hasn't already.

This was something implemented at a VERY young age with my son. Being I was sexually abused at a very young age, Me and his father enforced the importance of privacy, whether it was with his family or not.

I am sure he will discuss the "vital parts" as far as "boy parts" with his father when those changes occur. I wouldn't know what to say honestly. I had a sister, so I have no clue.

I think when it comes to other questions he is willing to talk to me. He doesn't discuss "crushes" he has on girls with his dad cause his dad gives him a hard time about it, so he talks to me about those things. I think it is a good balance so far, but I am prepared for the more difficult ones if they do come up.

Thanx for the advice!!!

Jes

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I didnt get a pube till I was 15 !!!

All the other boys in Gym class got pubes before I did, and, in the showers after Gym they called me "baldy"

• Prisca
    Prisca

Is there nothing sacred?

• soulweaver
    soulweaver

MOM!!!

You're embarassing me, besides my "pit" hair is very small, not that big of a deal.

(please note, mom didn't let me read the other posts and is typing this for me)

• Jesika
    Jesika

I made sure I read the thread before I let my son post, and I didn't let him read it due to the references to "pubes".

Anyways, I let him say what he had to say and I typed it for him as well.

I am just a proud mom is all, and wanted maybe some feedback like Kingpawn gave me.

Now if it was something MORE personal then armpit hair, I wouldn't have posted about it I can assure you.

LOL @ RF

Prisca......stop being so sensitive all the time!!! sheesh!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit