As The Watchtower Corporation Faces One Crisis After Another, What Will The Governing Body Members Do?

by Brokeback Watchtower 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Brokeback WT - "I think they will make a total bunch of financial and legal mistakes because they truly believe their own bullshit..."

Pretty sure they already have, in spades.

And like I keep saying, it's easy to believe increasingly crazy shit when you're convinced that God's guiding your every thought (and/or that you're a genius), and you surround yourself solely with assholes who are never allowed to disagree with you.

Brokeback WT - "...A few may give up wishful thinking/hoping for Jehovah to protect their sorry ass and so time to get the hell out."

Not the top guys.

They'll stay till the bitter end.

Remember, without the WTS, they'd have nothing. They would be nothing.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Since the GB are "Christ's brothers" shouldn't they, like their big brother, sacrifice their lives for their followers? Maybe they will offer to put themselves on "the stake" New York. Or possibly they will offer to put a New York steak on their plate and eat it! Medium rare!

just saying!

• sir82
    sir82

The higher you go in the organization, the more dependent you are on it for your livelihood.

Bethel heavies, COs, special pioneers, missionaries....anyone over the age of 50 or so has no employment prospects, no retirement savings, no private pension plan, and little or no Social Security payments to expect.

Leaving it all behind would mean 20, 30, 40, 50 years of old age and poverty, not to mention being cut off (DF'ed) from everyone they've ever had a relationship with - a wretched, miserable existence.

Unless someone has extraordinarily wealthy and generous "worldly" relatives, or has a nearly inhumanly pure conscience, none of them are going anywhere.

I'm quite certain a large percentage of them have realized it's all bullcrap, but have done the analysis presented in this post, and have just decided to muddle through as best they can for their (& their wives') financial sake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit