Who Is Your Top American?

by expatbrit 32 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

The BBC is conducting a poll to find people's opinion on the most important personage in American history.

A short list of the top ten nominees will be posted on the website tomorrow, and then you can vote on your choice from those ten.

Here is the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/wtwta/2957480.stm

Happy voting!

Expatbrit

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Expat-

That's a hard one. My first thought is Abraham Lincoln. . but I might change my mind later. . let me think some more.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

What about Alexander Graham Bell?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Martha Stewart!

Just kidding!

My vote goes to Theodore Roosevelt. I watched an excellent documentary about him. I was very impressed with his accomplichments and attitude!

~Aztec

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Aztec-

I was thinking Roosevelt too initially, but then I tried to think of someone who influenced the world. I think the telephone was one of the greatest inventions of all time. Roosevelt is in my top five though.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I just voted for Harriet Tubman.

• larc
    larc

My first vote is for me as top American.

My second vote is for the Wright Brothers. They had a real good bicycle shop, and they invented the wind tunnel, among other things.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I'd have to say Malcolm X. I've never heard of anyone else who's life has life has been an inspiration to so many ppl. I think his story is the defintion of the complete American experience.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Malcolm X is in my top 5 for sure! I read his autobiography when I was in high school and I've always wondered why we have a holiday for Martin Luther King but not for him.

My list:

Teddy Roosevelt

Thomas Edison

Malcolm X

Henry David Thoreau

Georgia O'keefe

Just my personal favorites.

~Aztec

PS Stinky, I think Bell is a good choice also. As much as I use the phone.....LOL!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I think I have a thing for folks in Michigan, but what the hell:

Michael Moore

Aztec (hehee!)

and oh yeah....Stinkypantz

But shucks...there are so many Americans on this forum, that rock this world in all the best possible ways .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit