Militant Apostates

by Rainmakerone 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

i'm wondering if there are many truly militant apostates out there....... some real god hating watchtower bashing hard guys....i just read the "Bill Bowen Update" thread and feel that all opposition is good opposition, and knowing that the WT Society can see any posts we make, also feel its a shame they can see squabbles among their enemies.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I couldn't agree less.

First off, isn't it great that we are out of an organization where we all had to believe the EXACT SAME THING? Why the hell should we all lump ourselves together into one massive anti-Society? Give up our opinions for "unity"? No thanks. I'll take my independence anyday.

It's just not realistic to think that we all should be behind each and every complaint against the organization with unqualified allegiance. What affect would it have on the Society if they found out not all "apostates" were the same? Well, it should be rather perplexing to them since they seem to think we are all part of some massive worldwide conspiracy to topple them. "Say Brother Jarass, the apostates actually don't all think alike! Maybe we should re-think this "Evil Slave Class" thing after all?"

Bradley

PS -- I'm not anti-SilentLambs, btw. I was just stating some rather gaping problems in Bowen's tactics and thinking.

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

cheers bradley

It's just not realistic to think that we all should be behind each and every complaint against the organization with unqualified allegiance.

of course i agree with that, i really was interested to see if there are many "extremist" apostates, and by definition they won't be too popular with active and ex JW's alike. i am not suprised to find that almost every post here is reasonable whether the individual is pro or anti any given subject. i suppose i am very curious about individuals that would do something very "bad" to JW's

• logansrun
    logansrun

Whew! For a minute there I thought you wanted to start your own anti-JW cult, what with good 'ol Jack from the Shining as your avatar.

There are certain people in the religion I guess I really could do some nasty things to. But, then again, I don't feel like ending up in the slammer and having some unwanted body parts shoved up where the sun don't shine.

Bradley

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

i suppose the last thing we want is some rampaging neo-nazi dis-felloshipped psychos paint bombing halls and bashing elders with their own copies of "pay attention' books, but i DO like to see what a bloke like Bill Bowen ( love him or hate him ) can do to turn the heat up a few notches ..... and there must be a lot out there that can do a lot better than old bill.......people that are in a posistion to apply some serious thumbscrews ...... perhaps a big defector with money and a score to settle ........ who knows

• Maverick
    Maverick

Hey Rainmakerone, you could always go on the Brooklyn HQ tour with twenty copies of CoC straped to your body, wait until you were deep inside and start throwing them at the Bros! Maverick

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    all opposition is good opposition

Although I don't hate all JWs, I do hate the organization. I believe it is corrupt and evil, and there are few things worse than something corrupt and evil portraying itself as pure and good and the source of truth.

I do hold JWs accountable for supporting the org in the face of evidence of its corruption.

I do feel that all opposition is good opposition as long as it is based in fact and would not later harm the cause of those trying to uncover the WT's misconduct. Personality conflicts and moderately poor judgement are not what I consider 'harm to the cause'.

In this case, the enemy of my enemy is...if not my friend, at least my ally.

edited to say (since I forgot): Yes, I consider myself a militant apostate.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Uh-oh. I think this should be added to the current "Threads That Just Might Get Locked"

• jgnat
    jgnat
    twenty copies of CoC strapped to your body, wait until you were deep inside and start throwing them at the Bros!

ROFTL *giggle*

• minimus
    minimus

I think that there are more than a few "militant apostates" on this site. Militancy of any sort is something I'm not very comfortable with. Sometimes the message is great but the manner that it's expressed is unsavory. ALWAYS being angry over issues is usually counter-productive to the cause, in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit