If you die, you will not be allowed to marry in the new world....(?)

by FreeofGuilt 13 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

It's a baloney question, because the New Order ain't coming anytime soon...

But yeah, I remember being troubled about this peculiar doctrine. I think Jesus was a pot-smoking hippie type who was incredibly high and broken hearted about mary Magdalene running around on him, and so he figured that paradise involved no sex at all... He WAS JUST A MAN! Not everything he said was inspired, or perfect, or even interesting... He's just a guy like you and me, and that includes the occasional despair over the whole sex thing. Jesus had it, Paul had it, I've had it... it's called melodrama, and we all indulge in it as soon as we have fulfilled the other parts of Maslow's hierarchy...

CZAR

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Like it or not Jesus was hardly just an "ordinary man" and certainly not like "you and I"

what we say will never be carried into the future like Jesus' words (even if some are only attributed to him) have been to become perhaps the most influential body of writings ever seen by mankind...

and when we die, hardly a few may notice...our death will not produce a movement which shall grow to change the world the way the death of Jesus did.

Sorry Caesar you have to face facts, Jesus was EXTRAordinary, even if you don't agree with me that he was divine.

But I do applaud your call to not forget Christ's humanity....though it is very difficult for most, including myself, to picture him in some of the most human of situations such as relieving himself in the bushes

I am grateful for his time spent as a human though because it makes him even more capable to serve as our King and Saviour.

--Eduardo

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Oroborus

well said.

By accepting Christ as EXTRAordinary one finds all Maslows heirarchy fulfilled.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Just look at how happy these people are!

Wouldn't you like to be one of them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit