Sword of Jah: Re:Omitted Scriptures - NWT has no footnote explanations.Why?

by AwakenedAndFree 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

In conclusion, don't you think if the larger version includes explanatory footnotes, the smaller versions should also, to make all WT published Bibles equal?

Sword of Jah said:

"What's your point? It's a silly question."

Dear Sword of Jah,

My point is a logical one, and my question is a fair one.

Yes, The Watchtower offers 2 versions of the Bible: The larger version NWT Bible has footnotes, and the smaller NWT version Bible, which is used mostly in your field service has no footnotes.

That makes the smaller version an incomplete Bible. Is that hard to understand?

The Watchtower Society claims to provide humankind with the most accurate and the most complete version of the Holy Scriptures. Wouldn't be reasonable to say that a Bible that is to be used in public to give an accurate witness about Our Heavenly Creator Jehovah God should also include all explanatory footnotes for all omitted Scriptures to be considered as being complete in Jehovah God's Eyes?

What gives the Watchtower the authority not to include explanatory footnotes in the smaller version just "because the smaller NWT Bible version would be to big to carry in the field ministry and not portable? "Please refer to this quote given by an elder to Blondie ( see above on her post to me.)

That's my point!

Christian Love,

AAF

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Wow, you must have put a lot of thought into that issue. I'm impressed with your criticism

• jws
    jws
    Yes, The Watchtower offers 2 versions of the Bible: The larger version NWT Bible has footnotes, and the smaller NWT version Bible, which is used mostly in your field service has no footnotes. That makes the smaller version an incomplete Bible. Is that hard to understand?

Not to defend JWs, but I think this argument is silly and IS hard to understand. "The Bible" is the originally penned ancient text (or translations of it), not extraneous materials. As long as it contains the Bible texts, it's a complete Bible. It may lack the fancy extras like footnotes, references, and other additional information, but that doesn't make it an incomplete Bible. That's like saying it's incomplete if it doesn't have a black leather cover. Or that a car isn't a complete car because it doesn't have a CD player and others do.

• blondie
    blondie

jws, I think you missed what the footnotes are: scriptures that were not put up in the main text because the WTS did not feel they appeared in enough older manuscripts. So the smaller NWT doesn't have those scriptures at all, just a dash. The larger NWT has the dash with an asterisk leading the reader down to the footnotes where the scriptural reference is printed. So the smaller NWT is missing those scriptures, just a dash without a footnote with the scripturral reference (as well as no explanation).

The other point is that some of the scriptures do not appear in other Bibles translated since new manuscripts have been found.

Blondie

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Someone go get a shovel so we can turn this molehill into a mountain. Go find a real issue, there are plenty of them.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree
    The Watchtower Society claims to provide humankind with the most accurate and the most complete version of the Holy Scriptures. Wouldn't be reasonable to say that a Bible that is to be used in public to give an accurate witness about Our Heavenly Creator Jehovah God should also include all explanatory footnotes for all omitted Scriptures to be considered as being complete in Jehovah God's Eyes?

What gives the Watchtower the authority not to include explanatory footnotes in the smaller version just "because the smaller NWT Bible version would be to big to carry in the field ministry and not portable? "Please refer to this quote given by an elder to Blondie ( see above on her post to me.)

Dear Pork Chop,

This issue is a big issue for me as I'am a Christian.

Take care.

AAF

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree
    Wow, you must have put a lot of thought into that issue. I'm impressed with your criticism

Dear Sword of Jah, I posed you 2 questions and they remain unanswered. Can you please respond? ISAIAH: " YOU who are making mention of Jehovah, let there be no silence on your part," Thanks in advance. Christian Love, AAF

• Tammie
    Tammie

Those verse as written the KJV.

LUKE: 17:36, Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

MARK 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

MARK 9:46, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

MATTHEW 18:11, For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

MATTHEW 17:21, Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fastin

JOHN 5:4, For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

ACTS 8:37, And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

ACTS 15:34, Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.

ACTS 24:7, But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,

ROMANS 16:24, The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Dear Tammie,

Thank you so much for posting the verses - I always wanted to know what they said.

According to the Wacthtower, these verses are "uninspired".

Christian Love,

AAF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit