We helped a boy in a car crash last night...made us think about things

by LyinEyes 27 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

I know if my son, had done something really bad earlier in the day and we got a call that he was in an accident.... I would be worried about his life at that point. I wouldnt be thinking ....... well he deserved it for being a bad kid. That is not love and that is what JW's teach.........they teach a God that is out to get you and pay you back for the bad things you do. You can never do enough for the JW God.

... it was just an event that made me think , it made wonder about how God really sees us down here on earth.

Wow, LE. That was deep.

Seeing the compassion from fellow humans TOWARD fellow humans and comparing that to god's inaction over the centuries does tend to give one pause. You guys were willing to risk danger for the sake of someone you didn't even know and god would've been perfectly happy to watch the kid (and millions just like him) die right there on the side of the road... alone.

I see the JWs Jehovah as nothing more than an exalted Santa Clause... constantly checking the monthly service reports to see who is "righteous"; checking to see who has how many bible studies; who's going to all the meetings. Humans, I've come to find, are more righteous and more loving than god. You guys did good.

If you can, try to find out what happened to the kid... and let us know. What a story!

• KGB
    KGB

There is always a reason for where we are and what we do, but itis what we do with the time and the place that means something. Im sure that young man will never forget you folks for your comfort and help. And I believe that God will not ever forget that either. It sure warms my heart when I hear about people helping others when in the time of need as I have seen myself of people in need and being passed right up and this was done by several JW`s. God loves you for helping that boy and so do I lyin eyes.....

• TorturedSoul
    TorturedSoul

You done good girl!! :-)

We all have some purpose here on earth I truly believe. Maybe its to help anyone, no matter who, what or color they are. I applaud you on taking the time to stop and at least see if your help was needed.

And…while I am at it.. THANK YOU for being in my life during my final journey. Your kind words have truly helped in this scary and somewhat awkward time. Lyin Eyes, please use my email address if you so choose.

Peace and comfort to you and yours

TS

• nowisee
    nowisee

lyin,

thank God for you.

love you, nowisee

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Good for you!!! You did exactly what Jesus told us to do. Didn't matter if the kid was a JW or a Catholic -- he had a need and you were there to fill it. He will remember that, and so will God.'

You two are really good people.

Love,

Nina

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Hi Lyineyes:

Its amazing how one shifts gears in a time of need. Yup you two were there for a reason!! And nerves of steel at the time after the fact the nerves become unreveled.

I had a phone call at work. The woman told me her son witness and help with young kid on a bike hit by a car. a nasty wreck. She wanted to know if He survived or not. I told her I know its hard to witness and to have it flash before your mind many times. Sorry to say I could'nt give out information. That she could call the police department. But they could'nt give any info. I said the other possibility is to call the police chaplin. The son was having difficulties with it all. PTSD from a traumatic event. Its normal for those feelings.

I felt bad for her and not knowing the results.

I support you and Tex taking care of yourselves to talk about the feelings. That's what you did to bring it to this site. I won't get tired of listening. Okay?

OCW

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Lyin: You and WT did a wonderful thing to help someone in theri time of need is something a lot of people wouldn't do. But you two are special and he will always remember your kindness

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Dede,

The comments you made about how the god made up by the Jehovah's Witnesses would "punish" people if they ever missed one meeting is so true. Stories to make the members be in fear of missing meetings and of only helping "worldly" people by preaching etc. always made me sick.

Deep down I knew that a true, loving God would not care about petty stuff like how many hours you spend placing magazines or how many boring talks you listen to. It is a higher caliber of morals which manifests itself when we have real, unselfish love (and show it) that ultimately matters. That is what makes us the good people that fellow humans ultimately want to have around.

YoursChelbie

• bebu
    bebu

(((Lyin and Hubby)))

That must have been such a strange ending on such a carefree evening. Life has so many enjoyable, fun moments (like an evening of dancing) that make us think that is 'all' that goodness is about. But next, in what appeared to a possibly unthinkable moment, God brought you in to share a much deeper goodness: selfless caring. To see and care for a complete stranger and yet connect with him more deeply.

When God puts moments like these in your life, and you find yourself doing the work that love commands, it is so very powerful--as you have shown.

God bless you, your husband, and your son.

bebu

• freedom96
    freedom96

There was a crash a couple of weeks ago outside the gate of our house. Apparently, a 21 year old had a couple 17-18 year old friends in the car. He drove outside where we live at 90 and lost control. The limit is 40 on this road. The passengers were telling him to stop and let them out, but he wouldn't. Rolled 8 times, threw the driver out, who died shortly thereafter, and the other two were in the car. The backseat kid escaped with a dislocated shoulder, and the passenger died.

The passenger had just left his home, out to get something to eat. This accident happened about 5 minutes after he left. The parents were on the scene in minutes, and of course hysterical.

I cannot imagine the pain the family was going through, and I too realize how fragile our lives really are.

We must make the most of our time here, with our friends and family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit