questions from readers

by peacefulpete 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

For the past few years the questions from readers in the WT have been pathetic rehashes of old material, or just stupid newbie quetions answered in the PE book. I know that they must be getting thouands of well thought out questions from sincere readers, yet none of these questions make the column. I know that this is not surprising to many here. My wife and I wrote clear and heartfelt questions, pleading for their help in preserving our faith. I even stipulated that if I received no response I would have to assume they knew my understanding was correct. Neither of s got any response. The local elders did not get notified of our request for help. Nothing. Since that time much has changed. (we actually sent the letters a year and a half apart as she only later had questions) Of course any time we had a question we were naively told to write the Society. Other Jws sarcastically suggested we were stupid to think that the Society responded to personal correspondence. This was a revelaton to me! I thought that questions from readers was just that. I now suspect that the guys in the writing dept. simply make them up to repeat some doctrine or behavior directives.

How many have written a question to the Society and received no response?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My elder husband wrote wanting to know whether he could practice anal sex against my will and it be OK

He used a fake name and a PO Box. Guess he knew they would send the elders after him

We did get a response. They said they didn't know what we were referring to and that we should practice normal intercourse in the missionary position

and that's the truth

• starScream
    starScream
    They said they didn't know what we were referring to and that we should practice normal intercourse in the missionary position

Where in the bible does it say missionary position is normal? Is revervse cow-girl considered normal?

• rocketman
    rocketman

So if we write to them, they will actually rule on sexual positions.....why am I not surprised?

I never wrote. Once, we sent money for disaster relief, and they sent a letter thanking us and assuring us that the money would be used in that manner.

I've always suspected, as I'm sure many others do, that they QFR in the magazine are often made up by the writers.

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

QFR are probably written by WT lawyers...

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I wrote to the WTS stating that I did not see the point in refusing Civil Service.

They did not respond in writing but our PO and the Service Overseer were called to come to the Branch Office.

After that they came to me and told me what they remembered they were told.

At the end, I said: I still don't see the point. They shrugged ...

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The local elders did not get notified of our request for help.

I wouldn't be surprised if the local EB had a copies of your letters on file, especially if your letters had a perceived "apostate" ring to them.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The elders said they did not receive any letter from the Society. I did not elaborate with them the nature of the question for fear they would accuse me of apostasy. The question was about Bible origins and historical impossibilities.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hey pete, there's always the "lost in the mail" excuse. Who knows, maybe that's what happened.

• stichione
    stichione

A JW I know asked a question to the Society as to whether is was permitted for a JW to donate blood with no congregation action taken against him. The Society didn't ansered to him. They instead went through the trouble of finding out which congregation the man went to and wrote to the BOE to pay him a shepparding call. This story is still ongoing and I will keep you posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit