elders wives that gush all over you after you wake up and leave

by nelly1 13 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman
    An elder's wife cornered me and, her fat smiling face hovering in the air before me like some a geriatric Cheshire cat,

LOL Dedalus - that's a winning description! Love it!

• rocketman
    rocketman
    They are usually bored to tears and have no status (what women does) but want status. The elders always said they learned more about what was going on in the congregation from the sisters than in any other way

Blondie, I've long had the feeling that many sisters and elders wives, devoid of any real privilages in the congregation or any real goals to 'reach out' for besides Pioneering, attempt to in other ways influence the congregation, often times by trying to get information on people. Elder's wives, since they have an elder's ear right there at home, can especially try to influence their husbands.

• gumby
    gumby
    an elders wife saw me rushed up went on about how much she missed me etc and the door was wide open for me to come back...

Hey nelly1,

The only place they miss you is filling a seat at the hall. If they really missed you.....they would come by your home or call you. Even if they did come by or call.....it would all be about...."where have you been"......not......."How have you been"?

Gumby

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

LOL

any of you ever get cornered with the "hidden meaning" question like "so, what congregation are you in now? " in other words, you havent been to any meetings in months so you must be in a different congregation. And if you arent then that must mean you're inactive and need a sheparding visit from the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit