Hair? The long and the short of it!

by Maverick 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Teenyuck made a comment about men with long hair. This caught my eye because I grew my hair long as a protest to the J-duds. I am well known in my home town and when the Duds see me they know right off I have 'gone bad'! I do keep it clean and use conditioner and styling sprays. I have nicer hair than most women I know, but mostly because I have not bleached and dyed and abused my hair all my life like most women have. Some ladies like my hair, others like me in spite of my hair.( But they ALL like me cause I'm such a great guy!)

My question is, "What's with the ladies cutting their hair short after they get married?" I see these women all the time. They gain eighty or one hundred pounds cut their hair and look like Frier Tuck! Ladies, I don't know any hedro-males that want to have sex with a women that looks like a linebacker for the Packers! Talk about fraud! Are the men just sperm donors? OK guys, what's your take on the short-hair mamas? Maverick

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Frier Tuck!

LoL...

alt

Oh, Behaveā€¦

• Robdar
    Robdar

Maverick,

I have also noticed that many women cut their hair after getting married. It's my opinion that they do this to be less attractive to men other than their husbands.

I grew my hair out after I got married. It was very long. When I joined police academy, I cut it short because it kept falling down during PT which is a big no-no. Last summer, when I was an actress with the zoo, I had to work outside in 115 degree, humid, heat and I cut it off very very short. I am now growing it out again because I miss wearing bows and ribbons.

I can't answer you as to why women and men gain so much weight after getting married. My ex put on over 100 lbs. I did put on about 20 lbs when I was taking anti-deppressants to try to deal with the misery of being married to the soon to be ex, but I was thin to begin with so it wasn't too noticeable.

Robyn

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I keep my hair short because I don't want to look like I stuck my finger in a wall socket all the time.

My hair is very think and bushes out when I grow it long. I was trying to grow it out again and just two days ago had it cut because it was driving me crazy. I look better with short hair so I will keep it this way. If men don't like it, fine. I don't need a man in my life anyway.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Maverick, I like long, well cared for hair on a man. And you are correct; many women don't care well for their long hair. But they try.

As to cutting and shearing the hair way off....I don't get it. I saw the TV show 24 recently (on DVD) and I was amazed by the wife's short hair. It was shorter than most men. I don't think that is attractive at all. Not too many woman can pull off short hair.

I went in and asked for a *Bob* once....I meant a *blunt* cut. The woman started cutting in the back; my hair was 1/2 down my back. She never questioned me, just cut. When I felt the metal on my neck I yelled and asked what she was doing. She told me giving me a *bob*....I had been looking in a magazine and got the terms mixed. I ended up with hair that allowed the back of my neck to feel the air for the first time. I did not like it. My husband freaked!

I have never had shorter than shoulder length since and I am trying to grow it out again. Including the bangs.

Growing it out is hard!

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    My question is, "What's with the ladies cutting their hair short after they get married?" I see these women all the time. They gain eighty or one hundred pounds cut their hair and look like Frier Tuck! Ladies, I don't know any hedro-males that want to have sex with a women that looks like a linebacker for the Packers! Talk about fraud!

What about the hubbies that go bald and grow big beer bellies? Is that somehow better than the transformation women sometimes go through after marriage? I say if appearance is important to the couple, they maintain it together--the man stays healthy and vibrant and the woman cares for her body and the periphery (including her hair). It's not fraud, it's nature...and if someone doesn't like it he/she has to have a lifestyle that counteracts it.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Can't we stay healthy and vibrant and care for each others peripheries w/o hair??

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    Can't we stay healthy and vibrant and care for each others peripheries w/o hair??

Absolutely, Six! Hair would only diminish your splendor. I was just pointing out the other side of the story for the married ladies.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

awww sweetie, you know just what to say, of course it helps that I'm incredibly shallow, lol.

Six~ just wanted to say "other's peripheries" and big splendor class

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sixy: You are peeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrfect the way you are<pant pant>

Well when I was feeling not so good I had my hair chopped off usually my hair is no shorter than my shoulders and usually the middle of my back. Right now I have a Meg Ryan cut LOVE IT. Thunder loves long hair and trys not to be to upset if I have it cut. This is the last time I had it short it was wicked short for me.

Maverick: I understand what your saying. Thunder and I discuss that all the time LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit