Should it be considered sexual harassment?

by Addison0998 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey sweetie, I actually deliberated over even opening this thread when you first posted it because the subject matter makes me

so

damn

ANGRY.

You have no idea how sorry I am that you had to undergo such vile questioning by these perverted men. I honestly wish I could just give you the biggest hug and some support right now because you most certainly were wronged.

Should you decide to go through with exchanging words with the elder in question, a good tip I heard is to set your phone on record. This ensures you choose your words carefully and keep your dignity. Think of it as a silent reminder to keep yourself in check should you feel the emotions rising like bile.

Honestly, this is the face of every elder daring to probe with such private (and unnecessary!) questions:

Sending you so much love. We've got your back, girl.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I agree, do it in front of his mother or wife or at least other women, they may not even know about the kind of disturbing, invasive questions Elders may ask and it may help them stand up to the Elders if they're ever dragged into the back room. You're powerful now. They can't keep you down.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

....and you know some elders are going get all hornyied up and jump on top their wives when they get home.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey! My PMs are down (tried Firefox, Explorer, clearing browser history, cookies, crackers, biscuits - the whole digital pantry). Nothing's working at the moment, but I promise to reply as soon as this techy glitch is fixed, @Addison0998 :).

• James Jack
    James Jack

Those Elders are just following the Script provided to them at their Schools and Meetings with the CO.

• Whynot
    Whynot

An elder actually told me that if woman wanted to they can do a class action lawsuit against the organization for sexual harrassment during judicial committees. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit