Lithuania Set to Mirror Norway's Approach on Jehovah's Witnesses

by raymond frantz 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NotFormer
    NotFormer
    JWs are seeking to be registered as a religion in Lithuania, if I understand this correctly. The article mentions blood and military service. Norway deregistered the JWs over the shunning issue. Maybe I'm being overly nitpicky, but how does one mirror the other? 🤔
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Not a mirror for sure, but the issue is how the Org. actually puts its beliefs in to practice.

• DesirousOfChange
  • ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Diogenesister - when WTC Legal equates DFing to DAing, they are dishonest. Is being fired from a job the same as quitting a job to take another?

Of course not - but JWs treat both the same - I am sure that this is not missed by the courts. Shame on WTC Legal for their twisting of the facts.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Seems in line with Watchtower beliefs, since they don't believe in freedom of... or... from religion for members or children of members.

It's a two-way street. :)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Shame on WTC Legal for their twisting of the facts."

As the WTC Legal Dept. " facts" are forensically examined by Court after Court, the more they are exposed as lies. They have hid behind " Freedom of Religion" and careful weasel words for many a long year. Ever since the Aus. Royal Commission Lawyer, a Mr. Stewart IIRC, showed how to cut through their crap, and expose the truth, other Courts will not fall for their former tactics.

Either they actually respect basic Human Rights, or Country after Country will remove recognition, but more importantly, will remove Tax breaks.

Once it costs the Org. Big Bucks, they change their policies and practices, but how disgusting that "God's Spirit directed Org." only does that when their $$$ are threatened !

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Phizzy,,,,like I keep saying.

When something challenges or threatens the Borg legally or $$$$$wise,,,, we really see what the Borg is about. And how they spring to life & are innovative to protect their $$$$$$ and spare their legal bacon.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Oh ye of little faith ! 'tis New Light that shineth upon the bald head of a G.B member !

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The thing that amuses me immensely, is that as the J.W Org. is likely to lose its recognition as a religion in various Countries, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is gaining recognition ! Winning its legal battles !

It is now a recognised Religion in Poland and the Netherlands, and though not of that Status in New Zealand, you can there be Legally married by an FSM Church Celebrant !

The FSM is Blessing his Church ! May you all be touched by his Noodly Appendage ! Ramen !

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Shout out to Richard Dawkins again!!

🙂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit