Does Anyone Elses PIMI Family Do A "Not Christmas" Day?

by pale.emperor 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I was told today that my JW family had a massive family gathering with presents exchanged, drinks and a big roast dinner. They even wore paper hats.

The day they chose for this family day?

26th December.

Totally not Christmas or anything - honest.

Does anyone elses family do that? It used to be "surprise day" for the kids in December so they wouldnt miss out when they went back to school but this is the first time I've heard of it being so blatant.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

We would get the kids presents during winter break because as a child I would lie about what toys a got to the other kids when when school started back after Christmas break. Did not want my kids to be miserable like I was.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a mentally diseased Jobo, we used to have a 'Present Day'. We'd decide what day.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Not everyones JW experience is equally strict. Not every JW family believes and implements everything they get told. But you might say that those that live a more free life shares in a sort of blood guilt. Maybe a bit harsh to say it, but they have a share in keeping the thing together and those that live freer lifes often have more ressources and better education.

• TheListener
    TheListener

My family always did "Family Day" sometime in December. I'm long out but my wife is a diehard. We do Family Day each December with all the kids.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My family usually did the "after Christmas" sales and we got as much as any other kid rec'd for Christmas, so when we went back to school we had plenty of gifts to speak of.

• carla
    carla

So, just like the non Thanksgiving meal that they have right?

Good for the jw's who actually do give gifts and have a family celebration. I wonder what the gb thinks of it?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

We did it since we had our first kid.

Many in the congregation with kids did to.

"family day" just around Xmass.

And my VERY in inlaws did turkey at Thanksgiving - cuz it was the only day everyone had off.

People rationalize whatever is important to them.

• MeanMrMustard
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Unbirthday party?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit