Knock on the Door

by Jason Melita 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

So two JW (elders?) unknown to you knock on your door to introduce themselves and meet you to decide whether to 'mark' or shun you?

I see it's business as usual in the JW organization.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am a disassociated, unbaptized publisher. They can and do DA folks for that. If all they are doing is (in the more common mealy mouthed way they do it now) say that you are no longer a Jehovah's Witness, it looks, feels and acts just like you are DA/DF'd.

And I have wondered a few times if they just THOUGHT I was baptised or what. . . but they knew I was not! It was the early 80's and my DAing was right around the time Ray Franz was DFd. I think that may have had some bearing on their eagerness to be rid of me, though I actually DA'd before I knew anything about Ray. I didn't know till I read it in the Time magazine. I was not yet 16. I had no idea that I would be cut off like that.

• steve2
    steve2

I am a disassociated, unbaptized publisher. They can and do DA folks for that. If all they are doing is (in the more common mealy mouthed way they do it now) say that you are no longer a Jehovah's Witness, it looks, feels and acts just like you are DA/DF'd.

Absolutely correct. Whether baptized or unbaptized effectively makes no difference. Different terminology - disassociated versus disfellowshipped - but exactly the same treatment.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

JWdaughter around 1989 or so they stop DA ones who was not baptized. Although this happen to you in the early 80's you may still be DA. The reason I say that is the Borg when they change the rules those who suffered by their old rules remained the same. Very unfair if you ask me. But we are talking about the WT cult. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit