Strange conundrum

by doubtfull1799 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I have brought this up a dozen times to my jdub friends, And just get the usual blank stare

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    doubtfull1799 - "...despite the Watchtower corporation being arguably the biggest publishing house in history..."

Don't kid yourself.

Comparatively speaking, it wasn't all that big.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The biggest publisher of stuff almost nobody would read. You can't learn about them unless you read it. And in orfer to commit to learning about them, they offer free home studies. Who the hell wants that?

The average person in America can name Kim Kardasian's baby but cannot tell you who is the prime minister of Canada or President of Mexico.

To be fair, most know nothing of competing religions, unless they watched some documentary video.

• sir82
    sir82

I've posted this before....

If "Jehovah", as imagined by the WTS, really did exist, and really did expect "his chosen people" to give a "worldwide witness of lifesaving good news"....

He'd execute the lot of them with giant flaming hailstones for the absolute utter cocked-up failure they've made of the work.

100+ years, and no one knows ANYTHING about the JW version of the "good news".

Ask a random "man in the street" about JWs, and 99.999% of the time you'll get little more than a blank stare - maybe 1 in 100,000 would say something beyond "oh, those are the guys that sell magazines on Saturday morning and don't take blood transfusions, right?"

Nothing about "universal sovereignty", nothing about "an earthly paradise", nothing about a "thousand year reign",nothing about a "faithful and discreet slave"....

By any and all measures, the "lifesaving preaching work" of JWs has been an abysmal failure.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I totally agree, you are right! I don't know of one person who would say, "JWs preach about the good news of the kingdom....." Excellent point! If people don't know about this "kingdom", then how is God to judge them? On a WT article about "Is the Bible Outdated? or Just Ahead of it's Time?" or the AW "Is Marriage just a Union?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit