JWs and daily Bible reading schedule

by AuntBee 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

Maybe the typical JW is referring to their daily scripture from the past yearbooks that the WT provided. So I guess one scripture a day is reading the bible for them.

Very easy to excerpt the notion that the 'light is getting brighter' re Proverbs 4:18 as pertaining to a change in a WTBTS doctrine. If you take it further and read the entire chapter of Proverbs 4 then you understand the following:

Proverbs 4:18 was not intended to be prophetic indication that God gradually reveals truth to the Watchtower Society. When taken in entirety the context of Proverbs chapter 4 is a comparison of behavior between good and bad people, not the dispensing of doctrinal truth through an organization. From the outset, it can be seen that using this Scripture to discuss doctrinal errors and changes is without basis.

https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/light-gets-brighter.php

There is reading a scripture from the Bible and then there is reading the Bible.

• hoser
    hoser

I don’t think jws read the bible as much as they say they do.

As soon as I starting reading the bible I lost my faith in the Jehovah’s Witness religion.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Yeah now my schedule matches Jehovah's - "One day is as a thousand years"

I read mine daily : )

• zeb
    zeb

The daily bible read was one of the things that put me off. I always felt they were yelling at me in their damned 'comments'. I live/d in the real world and didn't need to be tongue lashed to do this or that. Not with capricious employers or a mortgage kids etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit