Sub CO and Wife, both Reg Pioneers, go back to NC to live with his Parents

by James Jack 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

This couple both in their mid 30's, lived with me for awhile and I gave them employment, because they are both Regular Pioneers and married right out of High School, also because I am that kind a of guy that likes to help people. Various Friends have been helping them out for years, so I guess it was my turn to help them out.

The Brother got stupid with me, so I told him I had enough of them both and that it was time for them to go elsewhere.

The CO loved them so much, the Pioneer Elder was made COBE in another Congregation and a Sub CO. The Brother also got to Conduct Pioneer Service School. (So he is a Hot Shot now)

So I got this letter last from US Immigration, (I thought he was suing me for unemployment, but it turned out they were doing a background check on him, he was not born in the U.S.). I had to call him to find out what was going on with this letter. He then informed me that he was laid off, out of money and that a Sister whose house they were staying in rent free, had sold the house and they had no where to go.

So him and his wife are moving in with his parents from another state(North Carolina).

This is what happens, when you are unprepared for the real world!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They are finally going to have to join us in the real world!

• John Free
    John Free
    I remember in my old congregation a pioneer brother who was often commenting about how Jehovah always provides for him...he has been living on benefits for years! Yep Jehovah provides- through the state welfare system!
  • prologos
    prologos
    are non-residents of the US not barred from appointment to "privileges" in the congregation, not to mention CO and up positions?
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting

@Prologos,

a brother who is in the country "illegally" is not allowed privileges in the congo, but they can be "used" for things like sound system, attendant, literature assistant, etc.

• prologos
    prologos
    JustVisting
    So, why would immigration question his past? did he or the wt hide his undocumented background?
    You can get a Social Security Card for tax purposes, even if you are an alien, but can't legally earn money through work.
    so this man might fit the pattern, some wt beneficiaries have never earned any money through work in their lives
  • James Jack
    James Jack
    He is a legal citizen, his wife was born in the States
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

James Jack:

Somebody could be living as a renter and paying good money and still have to move because the landlord either wants to sell the place or they want the premises for their son or daughter. There is also the problem if you rent in a building that the place will go co-op and you are given the option to buy OR get out. This is the uncertainty when you are a renter (whether you're a JW or not.)

The people in the congregations had better brace themselves for the onslaught of requests for jobs, cheap housing, money and handouts of every sort!!

Even though it would be a kindness if brothers with businesses would hire - the thought occurred to me that they may not want to because of past bad experiences with some JWs! This is another problem these newly fired bethelites and SP's may face out in the REAL world.

Lots of Luck to them!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

it will all be fine

jehovah will provide

trust me.

• James Jack
    James Jack

This young couple just thought to much of themselves. They had no problem running over people.

Case in point. A young single Sister who had a baby(10 months old), just go baptized and the struggles of raising a young child was overwhelming her. A young "worldly" man to an active interest in her and she married him.

She was DF shortly there after. This couple bragged that they know she wasn't ready for baptism and that warned the Brothers bout it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit