Jesus!

by Brummie 24 Replies latest members adult

• dedalus
    dedalus
    But you cannot prove he does not exist.

I know FunkyDerek and REM have made this point, but the simple problem is that you can't prove the nonexistence of anything. The burden of proof, therefore, falls upon the shoulders of those who claim the existence of a thing -- Jesus, Jehovah, Invisible Pink Unicorns, etc.

Having said that, and having read the rest of your post, I can only say, ah, well, I’m happy you have found something to believe in. I don't think you're nuts, but I don't understand how you can feel you "KNOW" something, all big and in capital letters, without having the foggiest idea why.

Dedalus

• Brummie
    Brummie

*lights a candle to casper* gee I forgot all about him.

• logansrun
    logansrun

From www.valleyskeptic.com: Hey, how would you like your own religious experience?

Well this is as real, if not more then what you get in church, and the best part it's free. That's right, no more 10%, no more paying for others mansions, Rolls, face lifts, servants and vacation. A totally free religious experience, all in your mind. Just follow the instructions on the image below . No need to thank me, just doing JEEEEEZU'S work.

Isn't it a goddamn miracle, you now can devote your life to his work and annoy everyone else because you now know the truth. Go from door to door my brothers and sisters and stick this picture in their faces. Once they have seen Jeeeezus! they will follow.

Go forth an annoy the world with you new found knowledge.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hey Brummie dear, you believe whatever you want and do not let the naysayers bother you. If you are happy with your beliefs, and, are not bothering anyone with them, enjoy! Casper is by far the friendliest of the ghosts btw.

~Az

• Brummie
    Brummie

*Catches a mouse for Aztec*

Go forth an annoy the world with you new found knowledge.

hmm ...sounds like a great idea for a new hobby

Six~ girlish *whatever* with a nice imaginary hair flip class

bitch! ..lol

But, we need to be skeptical and scientifically minded about claims of "enlightenment", "knowing Jesus" and having thoughts of "past lives." All of them can be explained away with a more logical and empirical methodology.

now this is what really interests me, scientific explanations, besides they sounds more intriguing than pink unicorns.

Brummie

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Brummie, There certainly can be a sense of peace beyond all logical and intellectual understanding. However, you may find on closer examination that this peace that is "very real" and that you now attribute to a "person" separate from you, is really closer and bigger than your own ideas and beliefs of who you are. You may discover first hand what the word "Christ" points to -- is not other than you. So, rather than laugh at you or belittle you, I would suggest going deeper into this very intimate experience of which you speak. JamesT

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    bitch! ..lol

Rarrwwrrre! *or however you spell that cat sound* lol

Hey, being a nut job is underappreciated. We were all totally insane as witnesses!

• logansrun
    logansrun

By the way...

I'm not laughing or belittiling you Brummie. I apreciate you opening this topic up for logical scrutiny.

James Thomas: I somewhat understand what you are saying, although just as you are skeptical that there really is a Christ "out there", how do you know the "God within" isn't also a figmant of people's imagination?

This is what I mean by conflicting mystical experiences: Brummie is convinced that he (or she, I don't know you) KNOWS a spriritual personage named Jesus Christ. James Thomas if convinced that what really is happening is that Brummie is connecting with some mysterious inner spirituality that has nothing to do with an outside entity. Certainly, they can't both be right, right?

Bradley

• Francois
    Francois

Yeah, right, what James Thomas said.

I have had a similar experience. I refer to it as my "experience with the light" and it far surpasses my ability to describe or explain it. It certainly was in internal phenomena. I believe that via intense meditation I was able to touch that "kingdom of heaven within" me, touched the indwelling spirit.

I don't really want to say a whole lot here about the experience only to have the folks of opposite belief disrespect it. I have more respect for the experience, whatever it was, than to allow it to become just a topic for people who's personal religion is no religion. That is a religious belief, you know.

I am of the opinion that the existence or non-existence of God, Jesus, Gabriel and/or any other cosmic being you care to name is impossible to prove or disprove via logic or any other function of the time-limited, space-bound mind of man. Man's mind is just not capable of such a thing; it's the sub-set attempting to describe/deny the existence of the set.

JT gave you great advice: enquire within...deeply, and with ultimate sincerity. Honestly seek and you will find.

Best to you on your journey along the Razor's Edge.

francois

• logansrun
    logansrun

Francois,

I really do respect you and admire some of your thoughts, although I have to say that what you are suggesting/believing is extremely circumspect. Has not such a "leap of faith" ended up with people believing in a myriad of strange and, at times, deadly ideas? Aren't the Governing Body "convinced" they are annointed by Jehovah and being used to dispense his Word? (Please, don't dwell on that thought)

Reading your posts I gather that you believe in the triune God, the incorporeal soul, heaven, Jesus' miracles and the like. At the same time you deny that the Hebrew scriptures were inspired in any way, that Jesus died for our sins, that he preached that sex outside of marriage is wrong (your liberal sexual remarks are legion), and on and on. Is it just me or is this not picking and choosing what you like in the Abrahamic monotheism and disregarding what you don't like? Don't get me wrong, I hope you are correct and we can enjoy a martini in the afterlife together, but I have yet for you to give a coherant and logical explanation for why you believe what you believe. Forgive me for this blasphemy.

And, how does your mystical experience, which led you to your belief system, compare with the mystical experiences of other people which led them to entirely different beliefs systems? Again, everyone that has these experiences cannot be right. If a born again Christian has a mystical encounter with Jesus Christ which leads him to believe that the Bible is infallible and burning eternal torment exists, how does this affect your belief system? Or, what about the atheist new-age guru who feels she "connects with the universe" after hours of meditation? That "convincing" experience is totally different than the former one. At least one of them must be wrong.

Or, maybe they are both wrong...

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit