Sometimes I think the WT is mocking the masses

by NikL 21 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

As in today's study...

18 To lie is to say something untruthful. (as in millions now living will never die, this generation will by no means pass away, allegations of pedophile abuse of children in congregations is apostate lies) However, Jehovah wants his people to go beyond not telling outright lies. He urged the ancient Israelites: “You should be holy, because I, Jehovah your God, am holy.” Then he gave examples of being holy. In part, God said: “You must not steal, you must not deceive, and you must not deal falsely with one another.” (Lev. 19:2, 11) Sadly, a person who makes it a point never to tell outright lies might still resort to deceiving others, dealing falsely with them. (as in Geoffrey Jackson saying what he did before the Australian royal commission)

Latter part of nest paragraph states...

You may know of similar instances of deliberate deception. Perhaps this is done to avoid punishment or to profit at others’ expense. Even if no outright lie is told, what of God’s direction: “You must not deceive”? Think, too, of Romans 6:19, which says: “Present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.”

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OH WOW!!!!!

Seriously?? That was an actual paragraph in a study WT??

The arrogance and hypocrisy is mind blowing!

• Ding
    Ding

What about "theocratic war strategy"?

I guess the WT doesn't consider it lying if they decide the other person isn't entitled to know the truth...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes considering the WT's track record such lessons on honesty from them are real "am I taking crazy pills" moments. I suppose it's possible they're so delusional they are incapable of and hearing themselves.

My questions about this article and the broadcast which said the same things is what are they really saying and just who are they directing the counsel at?

Are they saying they know that there are members who are lying? If so, lying about what?

Are they talking to closet faders/apostates?

Just what is the subtext of this lesson on lying?

Is it just to instill more fear, blame and shame in the minds of the congregants?

Or, is it misdirection/deflection they know people are calling them liars so they come back with "you're the liar" ?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

How, I was wondering if anyone here numbered and listed Jackson's lies

at the ARC

Thanks,

:0)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

they are shameful, beyond any moral compass, leave them to carry on with their stupidity

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said sparrowdown!

• never a jw
    never a jw

The chutzpah!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That's ironic , the WTS lying about its past lies and deceptions .

I wonder if the GB heads know what hypocrisy is ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The amazing thing is that most active JWs will just nod their heads and follow along. When you awaken enough to see the hypocrisy in things like this, you already have one foot out of the (KHall) door. . . . Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit