Letter to my jw best friend i haven't talked to in 12yrs

by Jesika 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• zeena1998
    zeena1998

Hi Jesika.

WOW!! Just wanted to take a minute and tell you how impressive your letter is. I know exactly how you feel...I too have lost a best friend over the years because of the WT. One of the main differences though is that I was never DF'd because I was never a JW.

When I read your letter, my jaw dropped to the floor. I just wrote a very similar letter to my friend stating in it (like yours) that no matter what, she will always have a place in my heart and in my home, and that I miss her terribly and love her.

For those of you out there who have lost friends this way, does it ever get any easier? Has anyone ever had any successes in regaining friendships while their friends were still JW's?

Thanks!

Andie

• zeena1998
    zeena1998

One more thing I forgot to ask...would it be PC to post my letter here too? I don't know if that would be cool or not because, being the emotional "worldly" person that I am, some of my phrases may offend.

Thanks again!

Andie

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Jes: Nothing ventured, nothing gained sweetieYOU wrote a beautiful, touching letter. I hope you touch her heart. Thunder and I are crossing our fingers and wishing you the best.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Jesika: It's a very thoughtful letter. Do what you feel you have to do. However, I have to agree with herk and JT about mailing it. JW's abhor (or at the very least scared to death of) those who had the audacity to leave them. Period. End of discussion.

I lost what I thought was a best friend, too. Her quote on our last telephone conversation: "I do not have the time nor the inclination to spend on proving the Society wrong". She said goodbye forever and I probably will never forgive her for not caring enough to even listen as to why. Her mouth was going a mile a minute and she was not in the frame of mind to listen. She hadn't been for a long time!

I lost her as a friend the day the Watchtower took over and I hate and will never forgive that organization as long as I live for the hurt it has caused me and others. Write her a letter? Not in this lifetime.

Trot (of the "so glad to be OUT" class")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit