Letter to my jw best friend i haven't talked to in 12yrs

by Jesika 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jesika
    Jesika

I posted about writting this letter a WHILE ago, but I just got the nerve to actually write it...........so here it is................what do you all think?????? For those of you who don't know, we were friends since I was about 5-6 and untill I was df'd at 15.

Hi Jen,

• Jesika
    Jesika

Hi Jen,

It has been a long time since we have talked, but I have been wanting to write you for a while now.

We haven’t spoken in over 12yrs now, but I just want to take this chance to tell you a few things if I may.

There have been very few days that go by that you don’t enter my mind. I remember our time with fondness in my heart and mind.Although we have chosen different paths in our lives, I wanted to take this chance to tell you, you have never left me. I think about you all the time, even now, even after all these years. I still love you and would embrace the chance of seeing you or hearing your voice once again.

Even as children, you were so beautiful to me and I wanted SO much to be like you. You were graceful and kind. Through the years, you just became more beautiful and kind.

I do hope my writing you doesn’t make you uncomfortable, but I just had to write. I miss you so much. I wish things were different, but things are the way they are, and I only wish you happiness.

When we parted, we were but children, but now we are far from that and have grown so much. I have seen pictures of you, and wish I was standing next to you in them.

I just wanted to take this chance to tell you, I have NEVER forgotten you. I hope to run into you in a store or on the road just to see your face again. If I did, I only hope to see a smile on your face, whether you see me or not, just to know you are doing well.

I love you and always have, I just hope you haven’t forgotten me. If you have, I understand, but just know, I am still out here and I still care about you, unconditionally.If you don’t know who this is…………….it is Jesika. If for some reason you ever need me for ANYTHING…………..my ph# is XXX-XXX-XXXX. You can call me and not say a word, just hear my voice if you want.

Just want to let you know, I still love you and I am still here for you, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With LOVE,

Jesika

Sorry for all the edits.......couldn't copy and paste it all for some reason.......and we all know I am puter STUPID

• Hamas
    Hamas

Keep trying eh

• Jesika
    Jesika

LOL @ Hamas, I know right??? sheesh!!!!!!!!!!! I was trying and trying, but had to do it in pieces for some odd reason.

I typed the letter in microsoft word and tried to copy and paste and I just couldn't get it.

I didn't even mean to bold type the line that is bold, but I won't mess with it, I FINALLY got it to print so, I will leave it alone LOL.

Jes

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Jesika: that was perfect.

There's no real right or wrong way to write to someone whom you may not be sure is a practicing or active JW.

I think you did it absolutely perfect.

I've been doing this as well recently. I have also written on behalf of others when they were too afraid to write themselves.

Actually, your letter (the lovely, but friendly lurkers) may inspire them. (LOOK: Jesika did it, so can you) .

I wish you the best on this letter Jesika. One never knows what will come of it.

Nothing ventured is nothing gained.

Rayzorblade

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thanx Rayzor,

Only thing is I do KNOW she is a practicing JW still. Hence the reason why I didn't really confront any issues and just letting her know I have never forgotten her and I am still here NO MATTER what!!!

When I was a JW, I never had that as an option, so maybe, well, I am not getting my hopes up, but I can give her a way to contact me if she chooses to do so, but I am not holding my breath-- ya know??

Jes

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's terrific. I recall your past thread on this, and I think most of us were in favor of you writing and giving it a try. It's a beautiful letter.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It's beautiful!!! Send it!!!!

Nina

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thanx guys, I am going to send it as soon as I find someone who can print if for me.

Jes

PS. thanx for the support (as always, I love you guys)

• herk
    herk

Jes,

I think your letter is wonderful, but I would like to share a word of caution. I haven't read what you wrote about Jen in the past, so I'm unfamiliar with the history between you and her since you left JWs. So, I could be way off base. On the other hand, perhaps the following is worth considering.

If you were writing to almost anyone but a JW, I would say, "Go ahead, you're doing a good thing by sending such a letter." But, generally, a JW will only laugh at such a letter and share it with others who will also laugh at you and consider your expression of love to be a pathetic "weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth" due to what they feel you have lost. She might even write back and say that you can be friends again on one condition: You have to "humble yourself" and beg the elders for forgiveness so that possibly you will be accepted back into "God's organization."

As I said above, maybe I'm wrong. But I've written letters similar to yours, only to be mocked or ignored by the addressees who were once among my best friends. Then, as the years went by and I heard from others who left JWs, I became aware of how my letters had been ridiculed. Due to my personal experience, I think it might be best to give thought to the fact that a JW mind is not going to accept any kindnesses or expressions of love from someone they feel has turned traitor to their one and only owner and master, the JW organization.

Herk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit