I am now officially Disfellowshipped

by kelpie 40 Replies latest jw friends

• kelpie
    kelpie

Talk about kicking you when you are down!

You all know I just lost my first baby through miscarriage and that my mum was supportive through out the whole ordeal... well it didn't last.

She called me last night and informed me that there had been a committee meeting held and that the elders had decided due to the circumstances that they would disfellowship me.

She also informed me that I have 7 days to appeal the decision. Like I would!

One thing I was thinking of, and I hope this comes out with some sense is:

They say that if you are not "legally" married, you are fornicating. They say they base this on the bible. Please show me a scripture in the bible where they sign a legal document to say we are married.

Ok I know what you are thinking, thats the law of the land BUT..

1. the law recongises a defacto relationship as a legally binding relationship....
    2. When we get baptised, we do not sign any legal documents, it is only before God and witnesses.

I have made a commitment before God and family and friends, shouldnt it also now be a legal binding contract, just like baptism??

I know I am just rambling and that it may not make any sense or any difference but, it just shows how they, the borg, twist the bible to suit themself.

I am happy to be df'd and didnt even feel sad like I thought I would. I am glad to be finally free.

thats me for now...

love kelpie

• berylblue
    berylblue

Kelpie,

My heart is with you.

And I agree about the marriage bit. Tim is not able to marry me right now; however, we have committed ourselves to one another for forever. What is a paper document? The signature on paper did not stop my two husbands from cruelly abandoning me.

If you would like to talk, please email me. [email protected].

I would really like to talk.

Rosemarie

I am SO sorry about the baby

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

*hugz* My heart goes out to you. As far as relationships go my mum went through a simalar circumstance to you .. she is now currently disfellowshiped with her husband (they got married after being dissed) and are now making their way back to the borg. Please dont make the same mistake they are making. It makes me sad that mum feels after she has got everything that makes her happy that its time to make her way back to the JWs.

The elders are really low and I feel angry at their heartless stance on issues that need to be treated with love and compassion. It makes me angry that they justify their hateful attitudes on some bible based bullshit. It's wrong and they are WRONG. But I guess in their sad messed up approach it shows people that are waking up that they really are in the wrong place.

My thoughts are with you.

Josh

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Kelpie: Please don't let this upset you. I am sorry you Mother decided to call you with this news. I think they suck.

• kelpie
    kelpie

I asked her why they made her call me and she said because I wouldn't take the elders calls.

I told her that is because they were calling me at work and I refuse to talk about those issues at work.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm sorry you had to deal with that on top of the miscarriage, kelpie, but, hey, no one ever said the Witnesses had good timing, right? Not to mention, tact, common human decency, common sense, LOVE. Grrrrrrr.

(((((kelpie)))))

Nina

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm struggling to respond to this in words with more than four letters. Maybe I'm unclear, but it sounds like they booted you without even giving you a real hearing. That is flat out unscriptural. The Isrealites conducted trials in public (there is a scripture that I remember being QUOTED IN A WATCHTOWER about how trial were conducted at the city gates so that they would be in view of all). The WTBS "star chamber" tactics are just plain wrong. Add to that the fact that the whole point of Jesus' ministry was to heal the hurt, find the lost, etc. how can cutting some one off from the support they need be acting "christian."

Kelpie, make of it what you will, you're are in my thoughts and prayers. There is a better, loving accepting place out there for you. I pray you find it.

• shamus
    shamus

I am so sorry.... good for you for being so strong...

Words can't say enough on how sad that I am for you, and all your troubles right now.... if you ever need to talk, please PM me, and I'll be happy to give you my email address.

Remember, love is supposed to be unconditional.... what they did was so obscene... please don't hate them for it - feel sorry for them.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((Kelpie))))

let it go.....it's a cult.......who cares!

j2bf

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Freedom is a wonderful thing. At least it isn't hanging over your head.

Marriage is THEIR rule. And you don't have to live by their rules

EVER

so enjoy your freedom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit