Questions from readers: Pillow talk

by truthseeker 12 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I can't believe they came out with this...

Question from readers: Should a youth who struggles with masturbation sleep with a pillow?

You young people know that it is wise to make such restrictions, especially during "the bloom of youth." (1 Corinthians 7:36). The Governing Body understands that youths find it especially hard to resist the temptation to engage in self abuse. With firmness and strength, a brother tempted to stimulate himself with a pillow, might find that lying on his back without the pillow, falls asleep faster and thus avoids practices displeasing to Jehovah. Some sisters have given into the "desires incidental to youth" even while engaging in personal study of the Bible (2 Timothy 2:22). One sister recalls reading the account at Ezekiel 23:20: "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys.” How did she react and with what result? The sister says, "at first I got excited but then I remembered how Jehovah punished Onan for wasting his seed." We encourage you young people to remain steadfast and to "Praise Jehovah from the earth, . . . you young men and also you virgins.” (Psalm 148:7, 12)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

she had a tickle while fantasizing about a donkeys dick ? christ--i hope my wife dont read this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is no concrete evidence of information within the Bible on or regarding masturbation ...correct me if I'm wrong.

• CitizenofEarth
    CitizenofEarth

Where is this written? I need to see this.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Finkie you are right there isn't any mention of it in the bible. Onan was punished for refusing to get his dead brothers wife pregnant (!) not for masturbating. If fact, if anything it could be confused for condemning contraception ( the rhythm method).

As usual, Watchtower falls back on the hazy concept of " Bible principals" to invade your personal space and exert control.

• freddo
    freddo

It's a spoof, people! Very funny though.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

isn't it simply amazing, that the bible is ok with men taking 100's of wives and concubines. The bible is ok with foreign young girls being taken captive "as spoils of war" to be used as sex slaves. The bible is ok with Lot offering his daughters to be pack-raped. The bible is ok with Lot having incestuous sex with his two daughters.

BUT, according to JW teachings, the bible seems to indicate that "masturbation" is not ok (even though it never says anything about it)

• steve2
    steve2

An old JW family friend once declared that self-abuse is sin because your seed is wasted. I told him I was not sinning because I saved mine in a jar.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Steve- You should have reminded the JW friend that if it's alright for Jehovah to collects tears in skinbottles...well...

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

That's not why God punished Onan. It was because he would not have a baby with his brother's wife. His brother died and they bore no children, so he was supposed to have children with her, but he knew that the kids would be considered his brother's children, so he wasted his seed. They always miss the point!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit