Child molesters are'nt THAT bad.

by avishai 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• qwerty
    qwerty

Sorry Avishai

I thought you were female. you can have the Rose anyway!

Qwerty

• Jesika
    Jesika

Avishai,

I was once a "cutter" and I am sure from your job, you know what I mean by that. I still have the scars from it too.

To be honest, lately (by that I mean the last few months) I have had little if anything to do with silentlambs, where as before, I was an activist. It has nothing to do with who is running it or any of the political BS, but has to do with me. My feelings and memories coming back again.

I remember being in a runaway shelter after my ELDER father beat me so bad he gave me a concussion for 2 weeks.

When I went to the runaway shelter, I was given a CRASH COURSE on what abuse REALLY was. It was THEN that I finally knew that every abuse catagory from emotional to incest abuse actually applied to ME!!! I was devistated!!!!!

I understand your frustration, but can I tell you this...............You my dear, are a stronger person then I. I couldn't deal or cope with what you see on a daily basis.

I was once one of those kids out of control and dealing with abuse. I was a "cutter", for example, when I went to foster care, we weren't given anything sharp to make sure of no suicide attempts, but girls have to shave. I wasn't on "priority watch", so I was allowed to bathe by myself.

Well, I would break open the razor, and take the straight edge, and carve on myself untill my bath water was pink from the blood coming out of my body. I was hurting on the inside SOOOO bad, I was trying to compensate physical pain for emotional, physical heals, emotional doesn't, so I wanted to trade one for the other.

I have since stopped the "carving" and have for over 10yrs, but it is tempting at times.

What changed me??????????????????????????????? Caring people like YOU!!!!!!!!!! People who would listen and actually cared!!!!!!!!!!!! People who BELIEVED ME!!!

You are doing a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you where I would be now, or IF I would be now, if it wasn't for people who do the job you do!!!!!!!!!!

From one survivor to another....................THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Jes

• DJ
    DJ

Avishai,

I'm glad that the world has caring committed people such as you. Keep strong and vent whenever you need to . You have a tremendous responsibilty in your profession. My hat is off to you. The phrase about God never giving us more than we can handle is not accurate and them istake is common. The bible actually says that God will not let us be tempted beyond what we can bear and that He will provide us a way out from the temptation to sin, if we follow Him. Keep up the good works. love, dj

• avishai
    avishai
    I thought you were female. you can have the Rose anyway!

Thanks, qwerty, I 'preciate it, & take it in the spirit for which it was intended. Thanks, bro'.

Shamus, you're so right!

Dj, thank you.

And, last, but not least, I hope you see this, Jesika, but your post REALLY helps, it makes it worhtwhile to know that kids like mine can turn into wonderful, kind, caring souls like you! (((((Jesika))))

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Child molesters should be removed from the "gene pool"--if you know what I mean!

Special Note: a giant meat grinder used for cattle, can also be used to eliminate predators of people. After a good "grinding" spread the "burger" over the ocean as fish food! Wonder how many fish would die?

• avishai
    avishai

Amen, mr. kim

• sandy
    sandy

Wolfgirl - I can relate to the comment your mother made to you. My Mother said to me: "At least he didn't kill you."

But I was so F'n pissed when she said that to me! WTF is she thinking, I thought to myself. I never told her exactly what I thought of her. I tried but all I got from her was: "move on", "it's over", "there is nothing you can do about it now".

I don't know if I can ever truly forgive her for her reaction or really non-reaction when telling her about my father abusing me. I was so upset that she didn't leave him. I wondered if it happened to one of her other children if she would have a different reaction. I know I can never change my Mother's way of thinking. She is crazy and in denial due to her own childhood abuse that she never dealt with.

The abuse was a secret I thought I would take to my grave. I am still shocked at times that I actually told. I am so happy that I did. Though I have more work to do; I have never been more emotionally stable in my life.

I learned to deal with the abuse through therapy. I have taken responsibility for my own happiness. There are times when I feel pity for myself but I know now I can change my life. I have the power to stop the cycle of abuse.

• KGB
    KGB

They can not see a lie if they are a lie, Thats a pathological liar, everything seems truth. Damn Jerks !

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

avishai,

God bless you for the work you do with these children. I can't think of a better way to spend your life. You have my utmost respect.

I struggle myself with this 'God' thing. I believe in him sometimes, and other times (like right now) I couldn't possibly.

Keep up the work you do, and if there is a God, he's with you, for sure.

Rev

-------------
    LambsRoar.org

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I believe in God, but when I hear shtuff like this, I know that He isn't here, at least not yet. The best we can do istake care of each other, like you're doing...

I was a cutter once, don't know why, maybe just the "fruitage of the spirit" of dubdom... and it is hell trying not to do it anymore. Got thin white lines all down my forearm as a mark of my martyrdom... ha!

Anyway, you are doing good work, and the dubs have completely missed the point of all the scriptures, just like the Pharisees in Jesus day.

Keep the faith...

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit