Toronto Area XJW-Meet Up

by RAYZORBLADE 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Wish we could be there Rayzor. Have a beer for me!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

One more day folks.

Toronto XJW meet-up is Saturday, June 7th.

Big Tex: won't be having beer where we're headed, but I'll have a coffee in your honour, and a pastry in Cruzanheart's honour.

Wait: I could have the beer after my shift on Saturday night.....that's right...OK, done!

Everyone else interested in the meet-up, it's tomorrow.

Hope to see some new faces.

• herk
    herk

Rayzor,

It looks like you're addicted to Toronto as much as I am. Wish I could be with all of you at this afternoon's meet-up, but I've got to be at work. Hopefully, I'll make it someday. I attended some meet-ups in past years and had a great time. Sometimes we called it Apostofest, Mini-fest or Toronto Gathering. Sometimes we had as many as 20 or more show up. I hope the group gets back up to that size again this summer. Most months were like a family reunion. Occasionally some folks came from as far away as Boston and Minneapolis. One of my biggest regrets is not jotting down names and addresses so as to keep in touch with those I haven't seen for almost a year. It seems like some of the Torontonians who used to post here have moved on since I don't see them here anymore (since last October and November). We usually met in the Yorkville area where parking is free within a few blocks. (I think one of Toronto's bad features is, like in most big cities, the high cost of parking in the downtown area.)

I hope you all get to see some new faces and that you have a great time.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well today, Saturday, June 7th is the day!

We'll be meeting up later on this afternoon in downtown Toronto.

I'll keep you folks posted as to how things went.

I have to work this evening, and may not get home until the wee hours of Sunday morning, so you may have to wait awhile, but hopefully, one of the other members will post before I do.

Everyone else headed to an xjw meet-up today: Enjoy!

http://exjw.meetup.com

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well folks, it happened.

5 of us in attendance. I had an opportunity to meet someone I had only heard about. She made the 2 hour trek from her place into Toronto. Very nice person (Barbara).

It went off very nicely. It was informal, easy-going and welcoming.

How did everyone else ex-JW meet-up go yesterday (June 7th) ?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, Ray!

Glad you had a great time! I think I've met this Barbara person -- bubbly and a friend of Grace's? She traveled a fair distance to our 'fest, too, if it's the same woman.

We had 6 (and a half! Azzy's boy ;) ) at the Detroit MeetUp. It's a nice, relaxing time and we're all getting to feel quite comfortable with one another. We missed Lutece (sorry I didn't see your query on the board, sweetie!), and another so-blissfully-into-one-another-that-we-obviously-don't-rate-anymore couple (yes, another ex-JW romance thanks to this place and the MeetUp link), and our Yooper buddy, who all planned on being there, but there's always next time!

And Pettygrudger was the just the BEST!!!!! She is such a great person! In fact, she deserves her own thread, I think. (Of course, that might just be because she gave ME a swelled head. )

out

• Aztec
    Aztec

You are right out, petty deserves her own thread and I'm gonna start one in a sec.... I love my Detroit buddies! I so look forward to hanging out with these people, and so does my son! Keep the quarters coming....LOL!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit