JWs who come here

by larc 11 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Larc,

The JWs who come here remind me of the me I was years ago. I remember always being unafraid to talk to "apostates" who showed up outside the convention sites around noontime. I never thought they knew more than I did and was very confident that I could answer every one of their challenges. Know what? I always did. It took reading what Russell and Rutherford wrote themselves that make my mind begin to work for itself.

If I was still a Dub, I have no doubt that I'd have no problem coming here to debate with you wayward, doomed-at-Armageddon, low-life, scum sucking apostates. I'd probably win my share of debates, too.

• hurt
    hurt

Some JWs com ehere beacuse they're in doubt, or denial. Others might have become tired of the old, rehashed lines of answers they get when they ask questions. Others might simply be seeking some discussion. Others still might have the purpose of converting apostates destined for destruction, probably reasoning that it's better to attempt to save apostates than not to try at all. The reasons can be from the compassionate to the doubtful, and to the utterly stupid. And I favour treating them with dignoty, respect, and courtesy. I remember when I first came to this board: much a doubtful JW, already suspicious of the GB and their policies, already aware of the superficiality of the religion; but it was a scare reading opinions on these pages, especially the ones that came across as overly critical and abusive. I stayed because of beign used to distilling an opinion for substance and the accompanying frills. I doubt if the delicate sesibility of a JW scared of the sacred Organization and it's governing body can successfully do that. That is why we must be kind to JWs who visit. They might yet be helped to reason a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit