Bring to ruin those ruining the earth, but what if we change.

by pleaseresearch 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was, in fact, judaism that first ruined the earth. And Christi-SCAM-ity and islam followed, and then communism (which is where all three lead to). And, once Noahide Law comes into full power, the whole earth will be totally beyond repair spiritually. And, not so long after, they will ruin it physically as well. The ancient Pagans respected the environment, and their technology and science (which was more advanced than anything that we are allowed today) was used for the betterment of the whole environment, both spiritual and physical instead of to enslave the whole earth and prepare it for the reptilian race to move in.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Guess I was one of the anointed without knowing then!! Guess I was way ahead of the anointed themselves if this is a new reasoning.

A dig into the WT archives revealed they properly applied the verse until the Cold War when they applied it to atomic weapons. It was in the 60's when environmentalism was growing in popularity when the they first applied it to pollution. This is what I meant by "recently".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WTWIZARD:

Boy, I hope you are wrong about everything!...Reptilians?🤮. I hope I’m gone if this scenario should ever occur!

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I have witnessed Fundamentalist Evangelicals saying there is nothing to be concerned about because God created the Earth and he will not allow it to be ruined.

Planet Earth has seen at least 5 major extinctions and at least 90% of species that ever lived are now extinct. Mankind is not immune.

Perhaps the tag should be: Accelerated Climate Change. Variation is normal but the present rate of change is not permitting Nature to adapt.

Large swathes of Australia is in the grips of a great drought. The government is going to fix the problem by spending $1 billion on dams!

Doug

• blondie
    blondie

Just a quick thought: Would some religions consider this scripture or others to mean that the Biblical flood ruined the earth?

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

If there was once a giant water canopy surrounding the earth. The removal of that would most definitely have affected any future environmental change. Not to forget also the increase in such things as cancer that would have come about due to the increased exposure of UV light that we now face.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I have witnessed Fundamentalist Evangelicals saying there is nothing to be concerned about because God created the Earth and he will not allow it to be ruined.

Right, and this is what is pernicious about the religious right-wing ideologies we see. No only do they deny much of the harm we are doing to the planet as part of group-think, but they assume -- as you rightly point out -- that this is not possible, because there is a man in the sky keeping a close eye on things.

The reality is that humans are good at responding to catastrophes and things that cause immediate disruption, but in the case of the environment, we are very slow to react, because there is an apparent sense of normalcy. After all, even as we inch along towards the precipice, our lives seems to be just fine. There is still food on the table, the car still works, paycheck still coming in, favorite series is still on TV. What could be wrong?

I suspect that the rate of response will increase as commensurate with the impact. So once seas rise to the point where flooding makes life impossible (Miami is close to that) in many cities, and weather patterns start shifting, causing agriculture to collapse, or causing massive population displacement, then of course government will take drastic measures, at a time when it will clearly be too late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit