Do You Love Yourself???

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

You're not supposed to love yourself! It can be habit forming. Some people end up loving themselves several times a day! It leads to an unhealthy attitude towards sex, according to WTS sources.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Most of the time YES

but every now and then the old me creeps in and I

• doubt myself,
    • am overly critical,
    • wonder what the heck I am doing,
    • feel trapped in my emotional past,
    • wonder if any one listens to what I say
    • wonder if waht I say has any value at all
    • feel like I haven't grown at all.

I used to feel like that 99% of the time. Now I would say it is only about 10% thank goodness

• shamus
    shamus

No.......... no.

I am trying to like myself right now... I never have liked myself. I always, and still do hate myself. The problem is getting over guilt. The WTBTS was supposedly my key to happiness, and hopefully the end of this endless circle. Instead, they made me feel worse, like nothing was ever good enough...

Lady Lee, I know right where you are coming from.... your comments make me feel not so lonely in this world....

My depression has subsided, for now, thanks to some alternative advice, and a certain diet and vitamins. Hopefully this will help me to work on this, and make me at least like myself....

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think that everyone should have a healthy love for themselves. Not overboard, but have a good attitude, and like yourself. Something you don't like about your personality, then change it. A person who likes themselves will be better able to share themselves with others, and make them feel good too.

I remember so many witnesses hated the song by Whitney Houston called "Greatest Love of All" because she talked about loving yourself, as if that is a bad thing.

• breal
    breal

Pretty much...until I speak with almost any relative.

Then after a few sleeps back to pretty much.

• blackout
    blackout

yes yes yes! Oh yes.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I'm starting to get there. I feel like Big Tex does... I tolerate myself at the moment. I am starting to have a purpose in my life again and its falling together. Not quite there yet but almost.

Kansas District Overbeer

• greven
    greven

Nooooo you go blind if you do that!

Greven

• Francois
    Francois

Hey Greven,

Well, why don't you just do it 'till you need glasses?

francois

• Freedomrules
    Freedomrules

Probably 2 or three times a day. Boy was it fun telling the elders about that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit