Do You Love Yourself???

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that before you can love another, you must love yourself first. Some seem to loathe themselves. Others seem to adore themselves. Some are quite secure as to who they are, while others doubt whether they're good enough. How do you feel about yourself?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes, I love myself. I'm young, I'm smart and I'm beautiful. Who wouldn't love me?

• Aztec
    Aztec

I love you Stinky!

I love myself very much. I know I have many faults but I think I am still pretty damn cool! Yeah!

~Az

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I love myself, although only in the last year or so have I truly begun to cultivate this quality.

You have to love yourself to be able to stand up for principles you believe in even if it means losing all the family and friends you have ever known.

You have to love yourself when your family tells you they do not love you.

However, I may love myself, but I am also my own harshest critic.

An old catchphrase says that one can be their own worst enemy.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

There's a scripture that says we need to "not think more of ourselves than is necessary," which, if you put the positive spin on it, means that we do have to think well o ourselves to some extent. For those raised in abusive households that's really hard, and of course the Borg made sure to feed those feelings of inadequacy and insecurity on a thrice-weekly basis. I'm still working on it. I like a lot of my qualities, but I dislike even more, so I'm still a work in progress in the ego department. Unlike JCanon . . . .

Nina

• shera
    shera

No

I am my worst enemy......but I have a lot of love in me to give.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    but I also my own harshest critic

Oy me too!

But, I still really love me! I'm too cool!

Okay I'm just slap happy at this point...LOL!

Cheers!

~Aztec

• fairy
    fairy

i dont have much self esteem ......dont really like myself......but its only because i am overweight which is getting dealt with.

most days are better than others

• nowisee
    nowisee

one of the two greatest commandments is to love your neighbor as yourself. loving onself is implicit in this command.

i have been thinking a lot about this lately as i do indeed fall short in loving myself. i am so aware of my flaws, shortcomings and deficiencies. i need to work on this.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Do You Love Yourself???

Oh good God no!!!!

I spent years hating myself, screaming at myself for the least little flaw or misstep. I used to come home from school and pound my fists into my legs until they were bruised because I didn't say something witty to a girl or I looked down when a boy challenged me. It's only been the last couple of years that I've been able to pull out of that.

I tolerate myself. One day, 30 years from now, I might like myself. Maybe. With a lot of luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit