Did You Know “Weird JWs” When You Were In The Organization?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It could be argued that all JWs are weird.

I’m referring to really weird odd Witnesses.

Most of the oddballs that I remember were elders.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

not many lol--LOADS.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many weird ones I knew in the organization. Still Totally ADD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Blimey O'Reilly. So many weirdos. All the 'anointed(tm)' I knew were bonkers or full of self importance.

Too many to mention.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Yes, there are a few that come to mind from back then.. But, these people would not have harmed a hair on anybody's head and were generous and kind.

I tend to think the kooks of today in the religion are a different thing entirely.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

We elders were weird, we were the mouth for Jehovah and I must admit we spoke some weird stuff. Think about it, the GB are in left field and they were our guide ,stupid leading the stupid or the weird-Os leading the weird.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

It could be argued that all JWs are weird.

I’m referring to really weird odd Witnesses.

Most of the oddballs that I remember were elders.

OMG, in what category! Let's see:

• This older woman who was addicted to attention seeking at any cost. She lived about a block from my family, so once my mother was in the shower and she entered the bathroom and started using the toilet loud as she was describing what she was doing and coming out. In the KH she was always singing louder than others, and always spoke and laugh extremely loudly. She also liked to talk about some procedure that was made to her anally because she was a virgin and couldn't get done vaginally.
    • Mr. verbal diarrhea, an elder that was dumber than a potato chip. Was named elder because of his personality. He would just start babbling in his talks about nonsense, and would get lost. And when he had the last talk, forget it, we were closing the meetings about half an hour after it was supposed to. His wife had some kind of conflict or complex. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, but she was very antisocial.
    • Pervert number 1 - This guy loved to comment and give very specific examples only and exclusively when the topic was related to sex or sexual practices. He never talked about anything ever, not once, if it wasn't about something sexual. He would be very graphic in describing "wordly" sexual practices.
    • Pervert number 2 - This is more common, than what it should be. That guy was always trying to molest any female, including his own daughters. Every time that he was about to get caught, he would move to another congregation, and then later would return. He was finally disfellowshipped for having sex with a sister widow who was 80 years old. She got disfellowshipped too. Last time I heard, the guy is now in his 70s and married a 15 year old.
    • The kid who claimed that Jehovah talks to him every night. This young man, in his late teens (back then) was always telling everyone who can listen that Jehovah appeared to him and talked to him. No one paid attention to him that I knew of.
    • The closeted homosexual who wanted his mother dead. This guy was horrible! He was convinced that because his mother did not want to be a JW and he wanted to save her, that it was better if she died. He also showed signs of all kinds of neurotic guilt (like feeling that he needed to explain things to people who didn't even know what he was talking about). After I left, I once saw him in some park, and he wasn't exactly trying to save anyone (if you know what I mean).
    • Narcissistic personality disorder 1 - This guy said that he is Jehovah. He was always "leading" by convincing people that his word, his criteria and his saying were always final because he said so, under the vice of the Jehovah crap. He would humiliate and shame anyone who ever contradicted him. The saddest part of it all was hearing so many sisters wanting to date him.

I'm sure that there are more, but those are the ones that I remember at the moment.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Yes. And I am related to all of them.

• minimus
    minimus

Scratch what a list!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There was an elderly sister™ that was feeling unwell. I asked her how she was. She replied, 'I'm a little queer.'

Another elderly sister™ had some amusing expressions. When she had a cold, she'd say, I'm bunged up. Got a touch of guitar.' and also, 'I've been to the doctor and he gave me a sediment.'

One teenager said to me, when there was all that nonsense about backward messages on rock songs, 'Someone played an ELO LP, I came over all dizzy.' I thought, even back then that he was just attention seeking. I mean...ELO...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit