I talked to a d/f sister at the dance club,,,,made me sick.......

by LyinEyes 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was at the dance club the other night when I lady was standing right close to me,,,,,,we looked at each other and immediatly knew we knew each other. She was a sister from my circuit I have seen all my life. I don't know here that well, but we usually seemed to be sitting in the same areas alot and had time to talk thru the years and she was always having some kind of problems.

Well, she told me she is d/f and had her grown son there with her. I told her I was d/a and had no intention of going back. She went on into her spill of I know I am d/f and when I get over all of the things I want to do I am going back. Also she went into trying to save my soul as Jehovah's organization is the only true place to be..........bla bla bla. Yeah she was mainly talking about the organization not God, not Jesus etc.

I told her I still loved , Jehovah , still used that name to show her I never stopped needing God. etc. But she was like well it is the only place to be. I told her I didnt beleive that anymore, and her son started saying some things about how he wasnt baptized yet, but was going to. I told him to please do some research on the early years of JW and he would find out so many things he didnt know. All I got from him was an air of arrogance and that I was a bitter apostate, although he didnt say it, I could see it in his face,,,,,,,,,,boy that pissed me off. I walked off kind of in a huff at both of them after I told them I just didnt agree that when Armeggedon came that all these people would die,,,,,,pointing to the older coulple out dancing together, and that I think Jehovah would judge everyone at that time, including the JW's and all religions, all people . I told her I dont think JW's are safe just because they carry the name, she kind of agreed to that , or just said it so I would shut up.........lol.

I haven't ever really preached to any of the JW's and know I know why. THey just made me sick with their WT answers to ever thing , no thinking of other possiblities, and they had the robotic answers for things. So I said catch ya later and walked off.

I felt kind of bad for the way things were left and went up to them and wished them the best and if they are happy in JW's then peace to them.

But you know what I will never , never talk to another JW , even the D/f ones who still beleive but just want to party until the last day before Armeggedon hits....,,,,,,,,,,,,I will say i dont believe and let THEM ask me questions. I guess I have to get over the old JW way of preaching to others.

Talking to them made me feel sick and I felt really stupid for trying to help them to see, when they just didnt want to hear it. I just hope that one day , they find out some things for themselves and many years from now maybe they will see I am not some crazy, bitter apostate and was only trying to help them.

But for now my preaching days are over.........lol.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Okay so she's DF'd, in a dance club with her son (hhmmmm) and she's got the nerve to tell you that the Witnesss have the truth? She's going back after she gets it all out of her system? Okay, in the dictionary, under HYPOCRITE, it says see this woman.

Dede, you can't talk to people whose minds are closed. The only way someone ever leaves the Witneses is when they want to leave. Then, and only then, their mind starts opening and that's the only time you can talk with them. Otherwise all they do is respond to any statement with pre-programmed answers. No thought, no feeling (other than arrogance and judgment). Personally I have no interest in talking to any Witness. It's just a waste of my time and energy.

So did you at least have a good time at the club? Or did that spoil it for you?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

LE..

I always enjoy reading your posts, especially about your 'adventure' through this journey of life.

Talking to them made me feel sick and I felt really stupid for trying to help them to see, when they just didnt want to hear it. I just hope that one day , they find out some things for themselves and many years from now maybe they will see I am not some crazy, bitter apostate and was only trying to help them.

Your heart was in the right place, so as the saying goes "let them who have ears, hear", otherwise that's their problem. I wouldn't discount their reaction, people will put on their comfortable facade, but later will churn over about what you said. Your encounter is probably one seed of many that will have been planted just waiting for the day for it to take hold. What you said reminds me of some of the people on the Titantic who were initially offered seats on one the few lifeboats - they declined because they heard that rescue ships were on their way and that being first class passengers their safety was assured. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't......... (well, you know the rest...)

take care....

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

That is exactly right Big Tex, Like I said, I learned my lesson on trying to help those who dont have an open mind.

Yeah she is a hypocrite as so many are who go out get d/f so they can carry on their fun, without having to answer to the elders for it. There are so many more who are not d/f who are doing the same thing,,,,,,,,,,remember the rat ministrial servant???????LOL,,,,,,,,,,he is still out and about on the town with two girlfriends.

I will never say more to any of them , unless they ASK me.

Yeah I went on to have a good time, took me a few minutes to wipe the JW crap off my shoes, and I tighten my boogie shoes and went out there and did the harlem shuffle right in front of them , showing I was having my fun, and that they didnt get to me, ( although they did for a minute) ......lol.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Lyineyes

She is just another JW wannabee talking out their arse.

• shera
    shera
    But you know what I will never , never talk to another JW , even the D/f ones who still beleive but just want to party until the last day before Armeggedon hits....

That would have made me feel the same way,in all the places for them to be self righteous.A bar? Nothing against bars tho.I enjoy them every once in awhile myself.

• DJ
    DJ

Live and learn, eh Lyin? Me too.... I am convinced that the majority of jw's ( I consider her still a jw because she has the mindset of one) cannot reason unless it is in a wt publication. Is is futile to get ourselves worked up because they just walk away feeling cocky and we are left with the frustration. It isn't easy at times because we want to help them be free but the truth is that it is one of those things that is just bigger than us. I try to remember though, that whatever I say to a jw may be remembered by them someday down the road. I know that when I left...things that other people said to me, came back to me and they were making sense....I just couldn't hear them then and I thought that I was better.... We cannot take their arrogance personally even when it hurts, ya know? It is hard, I know. Hugs (((((((((dede)))))))).

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Well it is good to know so many others feel the same way I do about this,,,,,even if the JW's dont see it right now,,,,,,,maybe a seed is planted ,,,,lol....Like ya'll said , this is probably just at least one seed of many doubts they will soon find out. It is all over the news, the radio , talk shows etc. For ever JW there is probaby 100's who know about injustices and lies, cover ups in the WT and I am sure they will hear it all at school, college, work, and yeah even at the bar.....lol.

That was an excellent comparison about the Titanic,,,,,,,,,really , I am going to remember that one, and feel good that at least I did try to warn them. It is up to them to saved themselves so to speak.

Maybe I should get out my bookbag( empty of course, maybe a Bible thou,,,hehe) and go out from door to door and do my anit JW witnessing.

I have seriously thought of doing some kind of editorial about religions ( JW's and other cults in our area) and put a warning out there to be cautious to investigate what someone is saying at your door, before you agree to study with them. Do it in a away so as to not be liable , not sure how free speech really works around here, in using the Newspaper. But I would hope that each JW that knows me would know exactly what I am doing........I dont see doing this anytime soon, but it was a thought about writing the paper.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's rather odd how sometimes, df's people are as defensive of the jw religion as active jws are.

• DJ
    DJ

LOL>>>>> Seroiusly though....I have considered the same things. The public needs to be educated and warned. You know, Jesus warned us about false teachers etc...there are so many people who are just sitting ducks that I want to protect like a mother hen or something. The internet is a great tool now and I hope that people research the wt on here before they just join. That way, atleast they'd have understanding from both sides although, I can't imagine anyone joining them once they have all of the information. Tell you what Lyin, I"ll cover S.E. PA and you cover your territory in LA. No time slips, of course.and if you quit...I'll still see you as a person...lol...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit