Has anyone thought about if a General strike take place by undocumented immigrants.

by James Mixon 29 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

This would cripple the economy, don't know about other states in the Union but it would

be devastating for the border states. Here in California restaurants (no workers) closed,

Hotels and motels shut down, all major shopping centers and auto repair shops closed,

Medical staff will be short handed. If others Americans that are citizens born here but have ties from

countries south of US decide to join in, we would need the National Guards just for daily operation.

Strengthen our borders, deport the criminals 600000-2 millions and leave it at that, clean out

the jails that have undocumented immigrants.

It's not an easy solution folks.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

For as long as Americans keep themselves in denial about their role in the illegal immigration situation, it's going to remain messed up. Illegal people don't come here to sell drugs. Crack head Americans want to consume drugs. Criminals don't come here to commit crimes. Criminal Americans run to other countries to evade the law. Get the hang of it?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

scratchme1010: I agree, if it wasn't such a high demain for party drugs and other drugs

there would be no problem.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Maybe it would force their employers to pay a decent wage.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Athanasius: That it would "pay a decent wage". With the borders under control there will

be no way to get cheap labor. And by the way it was mention that illegal emigrants have dropped

in numbers, in fact they are crossing back to South and Central America.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If and when these guys get documents they will quit their existing jobs anyway and compete in the marketplace for better jobs, housing, benefits, etc.-if they are not already doing these things given any opportunity to do so. No problem giving any lawbreaker a break, even millions of them, but if such is the case shouldn't the same justice likewise be applied to all lawbreakers in the land?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Fisherman: True they are breaking the law, but we opened our borders for cheap labor.

I thought it was ridiculous to give drivers license to illegal emigrants (in California) but it

seems to be working.. The question, who created the problem with illegal emigrants?

WE have 11 -? millions illegals here, no way in hell will they be deported so what is the

answer and the wall,please.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I currently employ an undocumented man. He has 7 American born kids and an American born wife, their mother. He's the best employee that I have (14 years), is a volunteer soccer coach, and one of the best people I know.

I pay him handsomely and he pays his FICA and Social Security taxes like everyone else.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I guess I need to do much more research, I didn't realize that illegal immigrants can receive a

Social Security number, 2014 541000 SSN were issued to illegal emigrants.

A side note, most of the hard drugs that enter the U.S come from Bolivia, Columbia,

Peru, and 2/3 of the marijuana comes from Mexico. We need to build the wall on the

southern border of Mexico. I'am sure Mexico and the U.S. can work together on that.

• Simon
    Simon

It wouldn't happen. The only people who can strike are those with funds to pay for it and a union to back them and negotiate. The reason immigrant workers are often poorly paid and badly treated is they have no one standing up for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit