Kazaa and spyware!

by DanTheMan 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

PC World is great for picking up some of these protection programs. As has been mentioned Spy Bot is great for ferreting out spyware and I use Pop Up Stopper to block the pop up banners. I also nabbed zone alarm as just a generic firewall. I got them all from PC World. They've also got some great articles (like how to tweak Windows).

http://www.pcworld.com/home/index/0,00.asp

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

This thread should be bookmarked for future reference. I'm sure I will be needing to come back to it for a link or something.

I am afraid to download anything anymore from anywhere.

Can someone put up a link in this thread to "the official" kaaza lite site?

This PC is being handed down to my son shortly and he will want to download it again I'm sure.

I am content to just use music Match Juke Box with the "plus" advantages. It isn't free but it hasn't contaminated my PC either.

My son has more extravagant taste though and wants more then what Music Match has to offer.

plum

• drwtsn32
  • ESTEE
    ESTEE

WildHorses,

Free download called Spybot...IT guy at work said it was good....and so far so good.

Good luck!

ESTEE

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

drwtsn32 Thanks!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I use WinMX www.winmx.com

and

EDonkey www.edonkey2000.com

Ignored One.

• caligirl
    caligirl

We installed a cable modem and the second it went active, I had pop ups showing up all the time. I activated the firewall, and those pretty much stopped. I also downloaded Spybot based on an article I read, and I run that about once per week to erase cookies and check my system for spyware. Seems to have solved the problem between the two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit