ROJW - Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses

by OrphanCrow 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Actually sorry. When I said that the PA was the parent company I forgot what recently courts have ruled, that the PA Corp doesn't have operational control over the others. That is why when you read transcripts of suits against watchtower the lawyers contend when the acts occured because that determines which corporation is potentially liable. If the acts occured before 2000 a civil action can be brought against the the PA corporation, after 2000 it is harder and may only be brought against CCJW.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

307 Rita Drive - $220,000 - Barbara Jean Connolly to Religious Order of Jehovah’s Witnesses

$609,500 home in Pompey: See 41 home sales in Onondaga County (msn.com)

Worldwide Work

Real Estate

Real estate may be donated to the local office of Jehovah’s Witnesses. For more information, call or write to:

Address

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

Attn: Donor Support

https://donate.jw.org/ui/E/donate-home.html#/donate/WW/REALESTATE

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The corporation has existed for a while, it's basically the corporation that Bethelites etc are connected to. I believe it was started after a few lawsuits started about Bethelites doing free work that in NYS falls outside the realm of voluntarism, basically the courts ruled that WTBTS still had to pay for some benefits and fall under regulations like OSHA for their 'volunteers'.

Same thing for Watchtower Leasing (or whatever it was) where they sold CO cars after they came off lease.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

WTBTS still had to pay for some benefits and fall under regulations like OSHA for their 'volunteers'.

I think this is true. Worker's comp for injuries is a big issue. There are so many construction jobs going on, with non-professionals running about, that even with the best intentions and training, there are multiple injuries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit