ROJW - Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses

by OrphanCrow 13 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I was going through some research I had done a few years ago and came across something that referenced ROJW Healthcare Support and a note to myself to take a look at ROJW when I had the time. So I did a search for ROJW (an acronym for Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses).

The search turned up some interesting bits of information.

According to Dun & Bradstreet, ROJW was founded in 2011:

Since 2011, Rojw has been providing Nonclassifiable Establishments from Wallkill.

For a list of persons who have worked for ROJW:

https://bizstanding.com/p/rojw-24645954

Some of the people listed above have worked for ROJW since 1999 (the year that the Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses was established)

Several of the positions that are listed are professional and it appears, according to this website, that these are paid positions:

The average Base Salary for rojw is $89K per year, ranging from $74.5K to $104K.

It appears as though there are several paid positions within the ROJW. This is not unusual for a non-profit. It is entirely acceptable to pay people who work for non-profits. Not everyone who works for the WTS is a volunteer.

But, if you are a volunteer for ROJW, there are resources available for training through linkedin:

https://www.linkedin.com/title/volunteer-at-rojw

Note the courses available:

Social Media for Non-Profits

Public Speaking Fundamentals

How to Rock Social Media

Information Literacy

Grant Writing for Education

etc...

ROJW also has a clinical lab registered:

https://www.wadsworth.org/regulatory/clep/limited-service-labs/p523-0000

I found a fellow that works for ROJW Health Care Support who is a Referral Champion:

Referral Champions are members who have referred 10 or more colleagues to QuantiaMD. The more colleagues you refer, the more you earn.
    If you love QuantiaMD and tell a fellow clinician, you can become a Referral Champion too, and earn Q-Points for doing so
    This guy's photo is about a third down the page linked above:
    Edward Thomas, RN-BC, OCN
    Coordinator, Health Care Support, ROJW

Another ROJW enterprise is this one:

ROJW Interior Designers & Decorators

http://www.houzz.com/pro/hector-diaz87/rojw

I am not sure what the deal is with the above business, but Brother Hector sports a nice little blue lapel pin and a big smile.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I know for a certainty, at least in the US, no member of the order receives anymore money than the usual allowance. If you find these things on LinkedIn, what is most likely people will put an equivalent job title and what an average salary would have been. Every bethelite that leaves struggle with how to define their work. I know for myself and people I know, will sometimes put it down as in job experience and some as volunteer experience. I had professors who were also current or former hiring managers who didn't agree with the others opinion, even some of them would tell me to put it as volunteer experience and some as job experience.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

You could very well be right, Richard. I was only sharing what is available online. If, indeed, those salary figures are simply estimates of what those positions should pay, then it is still interesting information.

*to add:

I know for a certainty, at least in the US, no member of the order receives anymore money than the usual allowance.

Do you also know for a certainty that ROJW does not hire and pay professionals for certain administrative or medical positions, etc?

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Hi Orphan Crow great as always, !! Thanks for your work !!

I thought i recognized the guy on the Houzz website.

He's a singer in the choir on the JW tv music videos.

He is in most of the JW choir videos.

Here again is his pic from Houzz its definitely him.

• careful
    careful

OC,

Thanks for the research. Well done. There's a lot to digest here. It looks like more work could be done investigating this matter since you raise new issues. Slimboyfat, are you catching this?

One question already from what you posted: it looks a discrepancy in the year ROJW was founded—was it in 2011 according to D&B or 1999 according to Erica Belfield's entry (as I'm assuming) on the bizstanding link?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

One of the 'employees' is a 'washroom technician'

lololol

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    careful: One question already from what you posted: it looks a discrepancy in the year ROJW was founded—was it in 2011 according to D&B or 1999 according to Erica Belfield's entry (as I'm assuming) on the bizstanding link?

I had the same question. I think it is likely that 1999 was the year that the Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses was established and 2011 was the year that ROJW was founded to accommodate the Wallkill location.

*and this is to Richard: it is really annoying when you post something, I reply to it, and then you go back into your post and change it so that my reply appears to be redundant when it isn't. I think people would call that "covering your ass"

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I apologize, Richard - wholeheartedly. I am sorry.

I posted this:

"*and this is to Richard: it is really annoying when you post something, I reply to it, and then you go back into your post and change it so that my reply appears to be redundant when it isn't. I think people would call that "covering your ass" "

And now that I go back and read the posts...I was wrong. You didn't edit your post. My bad. Sorry again.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    dropoffyourkeylee - "One of the 'employees' is a 'washroom technician'..."

Dafuq is that?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

ROJW was officially formed in 2000, paperwork was probably prepared and started to go through the NY Secretary of State office in 1999. Prior to this, bethelietes and other special full time servants still took a vow of poverty and obedience just under a different Corporation. In 2000 there was setup 7 US corporations to handle matters in the US.

WTBTSPA- it is the parent corporation and publishes the material.

WTBTS-NY- they oversee operations such as printing the material.

CCJW- they are the corporation's that service department has control over, elders and co duties fall under this

Worldwide Order of Special Full-time Servants of Jehovah's Witnesses- is the corporation that oversees bethelietes and COs, construction volunteers and US BIFS. They oversee the actual person not the work.

Kingdom Support Services- oversaw the work at bethel, RBCs, transportation of literature and a few other stuff.

WTBTS-FL- they owned a orange grove at one time, but I think they got rid of it because ur became cheaper just to buy oranges.

WTBT-NJ- I am not sure what they do, I just know it exists. I believe all it does now is handle Stanley theater.

There is a corporation that handles the cemetery at wallkhill, but I forget it's name.

Recently there was added a new corporation to handle the US LDC operation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit