Will you ever do another "list"?

by onacruse 21 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ha! I beat min and JH to a question! (Eat your hearts out, guys! LOL )

When freedom96 started the "Who would you like to meet" thread, I hesitated to respond, because I know people always get left off "the list." But I thought "What the hey? Why not say a bit about how much you friends mean to Katie and me?" I mentioned almost 100, and left out about 300, including a whole bunch of new folks that we really like.

We meant well, but a lot of people were hurt that they weren't "listed." I'm thinking I won't do another list like that, or maybe just say "everybody" and call it good.

Craig

PS: freedom, I know you had nothing but good intentions, and I hope you don't take my question here as any kind of a personal slam.

• shamus
    shamus

Yes,,,, I was off the list,,,, even as I type, I weep......

OOOh, the humanity.....

OOOH, you all hate me....

I need to go now... I need to cry myself to sleep.....

• onacruse
    onacruse

<-----takes shamus off all my lists (except the black one)

LOL

Craig

• shamus
    shamus

**(sniff)**

My only friend.............. why don't people like me? Is it because I only talk in Klingon? My only friend is my blow-up doll? It's 12:30 on a friday night, and I'm on the internet.....

I just don't know......

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

hey shamus

dont worry..... i met my fiance on the net hehe

• freedom96
    freedom96

There is always the challenge of writing down who you would like to meet. There are so many interesting personalities, I think it would be a blast to meet many. Funny, on my own thread where I asked the question, I didn't even list anyone, and I only was listed once.

No big deal, it is impossible to list everyone. I think what it did accomplish is to show that so many here care about the others. We talk about getting together and visiting, but in reality it doesn't happen that often. It is hard, with so many living so far apart. I believe that eventually I will meet some here on the board. I pay attention somewhat to where people live, and to myself, I wonder if I am in that area if it would be possible to meet up. I think it would be fun. Seems like there are little pockets where there is a concentrated group of us. For the northwest for an example. I am up there a couple times a year at least, and that would be fun to get together.

I suppose I was a little curious too about who people relate to, and those who seem to argue, would they be interested in meeting each other, and I wonder what would happen if they did.

We need to realize that even though we may not have been personally listed, it didn't mean that we were not thought of.

At the same time, hopefully no one was offended when their names were not on the list. For some who were listed, I am sure that made them feel good, and nothing wrong with a little lift from time to time.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Nope, I'll never post to them. They accomplish nothing good.

• onacruse
    onacruse

freedom, you may already know that Katie and I live close to Portland, OR. When you're next up this way, let's see if we can cross paths, eh?

It seems to me that you're right about "poster pockets" But fwiw I think it's also a matter of taking the initiative; "reach out and touch someone." Even just a phone call adds a personal dimension to our interaction here. Katie and I have really enjoy the MeetUps (exjw.meetup.com), meet a lot of people, even some that don't post here. It doesn't work for everybody, but there're already over 2,000 that have joined.

Craig

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Craig.

I think list do more bad than good. Why? Because more are left out than are included which is understandable with the amount of posters here.

The problem is......I think if most were truely honest......they would say they ARE affected when they are left out. I personally have only been included by a couple of poster when these list come out. I think to myself..." gee, I have over 3000 post here...I try and be a good guy, I have been here since 2001 of july..........and nobody mentions me but 2 people ( which by the way was you and brummie)

I felt hurt to the point for a day or two of not coming back here. Very stupid thinking...I know. I guess I just felt like nobody noticed or cared much about what I had to say. I realized I was being too sensetive and realized MANY others who are well liked here also were not mentioned and that made me feel better knowing......I was overlooked as was others.

Those who make the list feel great. Those that don't are usually affected.

Gumby

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    My only friend.............. why don't people like me?

uhhhh, Shamus - maybe it's your picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit