GDPR: Get your data from the UK Branch now, before 25-May-2018

by Fay Dehr 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Notice in the template that (1) it's clearly a non-religious request, and (2) the template denies them from contacting the local congregation or CO about your request. You're safe - local elders will not have a clue!

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Fey Dehr,

If the ico details are being held by the IBSA, why does the pro-forma you provide not go to them?

I get confused by all the organisations within the Society's organisation.

Can you advise please?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Fay,

I followed your directions and got back three responses from the following:

1. Watch Tower

2. Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

3. International Bible Students Association

Each letter said they had no information on me at all despite the fact that I was baptized at Haysbridge Assembly Hall and was a regular publisher.

What's going on here?

Redacted scans attached.

Truthseeker

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The Borg is lying.

When I attended MTS, one of the instructors who was also a DO, had spent time in Service Department. I promise you he told tales of all the info they have on you. Anything you have applied to do for them was there.

The local congos are a mixed bag. One congo I was assigned to after MTS the secretary had a file on every single person. I purged them when I arrived. 5 contractor bags full, and this was a small congo. But I read some before burning it and it was creepy. Very invasive, definitely invasion of privacy. Not sanctioned by the Borg. Other congos barely had publisher cards.

Of course, in anticipation of these data laws, they may indeed have purged their files.

Glad I am out.

Snakes ( )

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I auxiliary pioneered a few times. I was not a MS or elder and never regular pioneered nor applied for Bethel Service.

Maybe they only keep records of appointments?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Snakes,

Do the congregations send publisher record cards to Bethel?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

No, but the cards moved from one congo to another when you moved.

They used to just send the time as an aggregate of the congo. Usually locally only kept no more than a couple years, others kept their whole history in archive files. Bet they are purging now.

I haven't been an elder since Dec. 06 or a secretary since Oct. 06., so a lot has probably changed. The Borg was just starting to migrate to electronic records and communications.

Snakes

• freddo
    freddo

Hi truthseeker - I was a congregation secretary in the UK. Not sure why you didn't wait until after 25th May to request under the new regs but anyway ...

If you were not a Regular Pioneer, MS or Elder, Bethelite then there would be no reason for you to be on file at HQ unless you had been disfellowshipped or you had disassociated. (Or if you had written to them or had been mentioned personally in someone else's correspondence)

Publisher record cards were/are only kept at the local KH. Letters of intro only between congregations and letters to be discarded by receiving body once read to them.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thank you Freddo.

I am dissociated but did it in the country I moved to. Word got back to my old congregation in England that I was "one of them" but I don't know who told them. I was never informed that an official announcement was made at my old UK hall.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Freddo,

That being the case, why is the org assigning a publisher ID to every member?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit