Do you think will see "The Jehovah's Witnesses University" ????

by run dont walk 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Well Disney has its own "University" to train it's workforce, here's a picture of the one in Anaheim:

...and McDonalds even has a Hamburger University to train managers...

so why shouldn't the next generation of WT drones have a spiffy "Theocratic Degree"? (Course unlike Disney and McDonalds, the WTS doesn't pay you to be brainwashed!)

Can you imagine the Theater Arts program at LFU (Living Forever University)?

"Over-acted pantomime for Bible Dramas 102"

"How to appear repentant in Judicial Committee Hearings 101"

"Advanced lying to Elders 102"

"Fooling the community 101"

And of course, my favorite

"Kingdom Melodies 101: don't laugh, sing."

"Kingdom Melodies 102:Advanced, 101 is prerequisite. Involves prerequisite straight face, with the addition of vocal gymnastics training to hit some of those ridiculously high notes while enunciating words like "totter" and "Nazarite"...

~essie

• gitasatsangha
  • truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Remember folks: Reading the WT/AFAKE! for 4 years strait is equivelant to a 4 year degree. So why waste money on a school? Just give anyone who has been reading the WT/AFAKE! mags for 4 years degrees. They have earned it.

I got my BA in Misquotes with a minor in double talk.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Setting up a University is simple. Having it accredited is something else.

To start one university program reports ad nauseum have to be produced to prove that the courses provided will meet certain standards of education. These reports need to go before review boards, education boards and govermental boards. It is a huge process just for one course.

A JW university would never be able to meet those standards. Not only would they have to teach their crap and make it palatable but they would have to teach a wider range of courses that would include a more mainsteam educational program.

When I was doing my BA the departmetn I was in had been trying for 10 years to set up a Master's level program. I saw the hoops they had to jump through to get the Master's Program. Every course had to be approved by all boards.

I just can't see them try to do this. It would expose their teachings too much to people who would see right through all their teachings.

• shamus
    shamus

How about:

Boost Your Self Esteem! How To Judge Brothers More Harshly?

How To Get Drunk And Get Away With It....

Window Cleaning Business 101 : The Squeegie

Window Cleaning Business 102: The Ladder

Window Cleaning Business 103: How to Undercut Competition

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Lady Lee,

They could, however, go the state-liscenced, but unapproved route (like Bob Jones University). If they did this, then their credits would not be transferrable, but this would force Jdubs to stay in the program rather then transfer out. It would also allow them to keep an all JW staff with dubious teaching credentials..

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Great comments everyone ............

Blondie you are right, but most people don't get into Gilead until 30 or 40.

I was thinking more of trapping the 18-19 year olds as they come out of high school.

With so many young ones falling away, you figure the Watchtower would come up with something ????????????

You're right Lady Lee, but would the Watchtower care about being accredited, as long as they have the young sucked in ??????????????

It is interesting topic, and especially what will they do next ?????????

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Ummm... doesn't this already exist? Isn't it called 'Bethel'?

While they may not have the 'course load' of a regular college - or get 'credits' like at a university - since they are 'no part of this world' - the credits that they _do_ give pertain to their own organizational structure.

(I.E. Some 'graduate' and become elders.)

Heck - it has similarities to universities... one has to 'apply'... and some do not get 'accepted'. (I was a Bethel reject. <grin>)

Regards,

Jim TX

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Hi Jim TX

How do you get rejected from Bethel ??????????

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

RE: "How do you get rejected from Bethel ??????????"

Well, in my case, I was naive - I did the 'application' - and gave it to the local 'elders' - who were supposed to send it in.

I was under the impression that - even if you were not accepted by the 'Bethel' folks - that you'd get a letter stating so. (I envisioned a large 'REJECTED' stamp across the first page of the application - at a 45-degree angle - in red ink.)

Well, I got nada, nothing, zip, goose-egg - in the way of response.

I suspect... and to this day believe, that the local 'elders', 'reviewed' my application - and filed it in the circular file. I don't think that it left this city. I inquired about its' 'status' later, but was assured that it was sent in. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

In any case, it's just as well. I wasn't really 'Bethel' material... it was just something to do - at the time.

(It was kinda funny - at those 'meetings for Bethel' that they always had, where they recruited the young naive kiddos? Well, I went to one, about 6 - 9 months after I had sent in my app. I mentioned to the 'representative', how I hadn't heard back from them, one way or the other. He suggested that I 're-apply'. "No thanks", I told him. "I know when I'm not wanted." I think that it shook him up a bit. <grin> )

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit