who's the biggest nutbag?

by Zep 15 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are both cultic nutters the JWs and the mormons have masonic roots, but I don't think Rutherford wrote anything as absurd as the moon men. On the other hand for him trains were the Behemoths of the Bible.

• james_woods
    james_woods

But let's not forget my current champion of this little race to be the biggest idiot - L. Ron Hubbard of Scientology fame.

Moon men - I give it about a 5 on a scale of 10.

Aluminum pot mania, and the cosmologotheocrackaton radio diagnosis - I give it 3.5.

Zenu the alien, who put all the demonianics into earths volcanoes and blew them up with Hydrogen Bombs - my champion with 9 points.

And his followers, who know full well they are buying into a religion made up by a science fiction author - at least 6 points themselves, even if they did kind of get brainwashed...

James

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

in a 1930's golden age it was printed that the dinosaurs were transported to live on the paradise planet VENUS. That's pretty close to moon men. john

• james_woods
    james_woods

Johnny - thats too funny! "in a 1930's golden age it was printed that the dinosaurs were transported to live on the paradise planet VENUS. That's pretty close to moon men. john" ________ I know for a fact that a lot of the 1950-1960 era witnesses were fully aware of this kind of buffoonery. The miracle wheat, the enema therapy, the mistrust of antibiotics and vaccines, the pyramid worship, the reborn ancient princes coming to the assembly, Beth Sarim...etc. The truly incredible thing to me was that they viewed this as sort of amusing - kind of like you funny little old aunt. It was all OK because Jehovah fixed it later. And I am thinking - OK, so - these are the guys that you allowed to make up your core doctrines? Doctrines never heard of before or since??? Riiiiight.....

• anewme
    anewme

When the rose colored glasses come off and you finally see behind the curtain, just about all religious leaders sound absurd.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..er anyone care to source the moon men and point it out in LDS historical documents or as a taught doctrine? Though teaching strange doctrine is considered nutty it doesn't in and of itself make it wrong. On the other hand preaching something that is demonstrably false is wrong.

Christ taught crazy stuff (you can live again in another place called heaven, sin must be paid for by killing an innocent, you can be baptised by fire, I'm coming again in this generation)

Moses taught crazy stuff (Mankind started in a perfect garden with an unfair test that we all have to pay for. People should be killed for picking up sticks on the Sabbath.)

As for the 'prophecy' of the second coming in the 1890's it was linked to Joseph Smith being alive and Joseph wasn't even sure if that was what was meant. Some gits shot him in the meantime(oh and he did mention that at the time). It would be nice to compare all the prophecies that JS got right which comfortably thrash ANY modern religious leader. I'll happily provide a list of fulfilled prophecies to put against anyone you'd care to put forward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit