who's the biggest nutbag?

by Zep 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Zep
    Zep

Joseph smith or Rutherford??????

I mean Rutherford wrote some weird stuff and lots of it, i personnally find his writings hilarious..."THe LIST" is a laugh a minute!.
    But surely ol' Rutherford never wrote something as weird as the quote below by Joseph Smith the Mormon prophet?

1837: "Inhabitants of the Moon are more of a uniform size than the inhabitants of the Earth, being about 6 feet in height. They dress very much like the Quaker Style & and quite general in Style, or the one fashion of dress. They live to be very old; coming generally near a thousand years. This is the description of them as given by Joseph Smith the Seer.

Joseph Smith = 1....Rutherford = zip

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Yeah, Joseph Smith pretty much takes the cake.

Path

• Dubby
    Dubby

Did Smith really write that? Was this a vision he had?

Wasn't it Rutherford that explained what star system Jehovah lived in?

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• waiting
    waiting

Hey y'all,

When I started studying in '68, my conductor was trying to explain that Jehovah did, indeed, preside in a particular place in the Heavens.

Being raised a Catholic, I thought that sounded a bit strange. I asked her where. To the best of my recollection, she said a "difinitive physical place". I said why was that necessary if He was a spirit. She told me that "they used to believe it was on a certain planet, but don't think that anymore. But there was a place He was - they just weren't sure exactly where that was." But it was real, she assured me. She wouldn't answer me as to why God and other spirits would need an actual physical planet.

And I fell for it - or forgot about it and went on. In retrospect, I think I "passed over" a lot of things - looking for security and easy answers.

At the site "Shaun's Place," there is a site with a bunch of quotes from old Golden Age magazines - and a discussion of the Planet Plyniess (not correct spelling) where God resides (at that time). You can also see Russell's pyramid memorial tomb in living color - and directions on how to get there, if your so inclined.

waiting[url= http://shaun.stormloader.com/sitemap.html]Shaun's Place[/url]

Edited by - waiting on 7 July 2000 18:8:43

• Seven
    Seven

Three pics of Russell's gravesite:
    [url] http://www.findagrave.com/pictures/5591.html[/url]

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Seven:

"Find a Grave"????? LOL I continue to shake my head at what appears innitially to be completely useless information on the web, and yet that was a facinating link at the same time.

Path

• Zep
    Zep

Dubby:Rutherford said Jehovah lived in the constellation of the Pleides...thats what he said, i read it on "the List".Its a real small constellation somewhere to the left of Orion in the Southern hemishpere...to your right in the North!...somewhere near Taurus! i think!

I was curious about what mormons beleived and if they too made predictions of the end like JW's and came up with this site:

http://www.saintsalive.com/mormonism/falseprophetjs.htm

Joseph smith is supposed to have predicted the end of the world to come in 1890 twice....

Edited by - Zep on 7 July 2000 22:37:31

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

The Mormons are one group, I believe, that can probably top most of the others for weird beliefs.

My nephew was a Mormon for about a year....it was a very bad year. He has tried to disassociate himself from them, but they refuse to accept his disassociation. At least he's not being shunned.

• waiting
    waiting

BTW, in the cult literature I've read,

Mormons are right in there with JWs.

Never be alone in a lift with a man who has religious tracts on his desk. Pam Brown

Strange bedfellows, huh?

waiting

• BlessedStar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit