Who raised Jesus from the dead?

by Blotty 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Also, your ‘facts’ are unverifiable anecdotes.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

See Breeze:

Do you really believe that if I ask you if you are an atheist, that amounts to an ad hominem attack?
    C'mon Jeffro. Get off your high horse. That is a crazy thing to say.

Straw man. I didn’t say it was an ‘attack’. But it is irrelevant ad hominem.

You are yet to provide any evidence of souls, or any mechanism that would explain how they interact with bodies, or how you ruled out any other explanation.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Little more that "thought stopping techniques" and false analagies bordering on the falacy of irrelevant thesis.

I was subjected to these kinds of thoght control devices since childhood by the Watchtower and my fammily. I am very familiar with them. They seem like distant cousins now.

None of the evidence being examined here has anything to do whith aliens or shamans. We are talking about facts from credible sources.

----- added------

I don't think you understand what an ad hominem is.

Definition:

(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Asking if you are an atheist is not a negative or a positive directed against you.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

Because, naturally, only your chosen superstition can be offered as an ‘explanation’, despite the fact that your ‘facts’, even if legitimate reports, are unexplained rather than evidence of souls (or time travelling aliens, or curses, or whatever woo any particular person subscribes to).

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    • Jeffro, Please explain these facts from a material naturalistic view:

1. The case of Anna in the video I posted on page 2 of this thread

2. Cases of seeing things while out of their body later verified to be accurate

3. Cases of verified brain dead patients acting and speaking completely normally shortly before death

These facts are not going away no matter how much you may like them to.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I’m not playing your tedious game. I have no way of testing or verifying the claims made. I do not have, nor do I require, an explanation for these stories. Nor is any specific explanation required in order for your superstitions to be unfounded.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

This is not tedious at all Jeffro. It is all very simple stuff. If you believe in materailistic naturalism and criticize others who don't, then you ought to be able to provide at least some defense for your point of view...which you haven't in these cases:

1. The case of Anna in the video I posted on page 2 of this thread

2. Cases of seeing things while out of their body later verified to be accurate

3. Cases of verified brain dead patients acting and speaking completely normally shortly before death

If you never tackle the tough questions, what are you basing your worldview on, faith?

My worldview accomodates this data quite comfortably. Yours seems to be utterly at a loss on how to respond to this kind of data. Is saying that they are all false your only defense? That's all you got? That's not much to base a worldview on, much less a basis for criticizing others.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sea Breeze:

My worldview accomodates this data quite comfortably.

It is not remotely surprising that a belief based on stories that were originally made up by primitive people specifically to try to explain things they couldn’t understand ‘accommodates’ your attempt to explain something that is not understood. 🤦‍♂️

But it isn’t an explanation, just a superstition that you can’t define or prove. When any medical mysteries have finally been understood, the answer has never once been ‘souls’.
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

So you believe these "medical mysteries" are simply not "understood" from an atheist materialistic, naturalism point of view and that gives you a basis for criticizing other viewpoints that are actually a better fit for the verified data?

Isn't that the same as saying, "I don't know" and then proceeding to try and construct an argument from this admitted ignorance using mere proclamations?

That's not much of a conversation or an argument. Why not record your proclamations and just play them on a phonograph like Rutherford used to do? Boom, no argument or reasoning needed. Just preach it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sea Breeze:

Isn't that the same as saying, "I don't know" and then proceeding to try and construct an argument from this admitted ignorance using mere proclamations?

You’re the only one ‘proclaiming’ an entirely unverifiable ‘explanation’. And you still haven’t explained how you ruled out other ‘explanations’.

I probably won’t bother responding to your nonsense further.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit