No careers in this cheapskate organization

by eyeslice2 15 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton
    Was there ever really a career in the WT organization where you got a secure future in your retirement ?

s3: well. wt offered the M.6/33 plan and an everlasting health system, underwritten by the creator/god without his/her consent, as shown by him not backing up prophecies rolled out by Brooklyn as a side-line. A devastating judgment (if any) awaiting them. Using the Name in vain.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Spiral - "The bOrg is offering less and less to the publishers, and now there is even less to look forward to (if that's what you'd call it). Nothing at all for sisters. Any 'privilege' you get to do (like help at a KH reno or pioneering) is at your own expense."

Jeezus, you'd almost think they want the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to fuck off.

They're certainly not providing any incentives to stay.

Who'd have thought?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They do have work for the JW's. Making trinkets, banners and setting up entertainment for the International Delegates. The NEW AND IMPROVED JW'S.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EYESLICE2:

Any ‘young ones’ who buy into the religion’s bullshit and do not get a decent job or ‘worldly’ career are going to have a miserable poor old age.

As far as the so-called ‘careers’ you say the religion offered in the past- Bethel and Gilead - 🙄 these were supported by contributions/charity from people in the religion!!

Well..they aren’t getting many contributions anymore since many Witnesses have left; the faithful elderly are passing away and younger JWs are just making ends meet and resent giving anything to a religion who knocked and criticized people with careers and decent jobs!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I got sucked into MTS (the now defunct 8 week Ministerial Training School, part of WT School of Gilead, apparently also defunct). 62nd US Class, 2002.

Left very disillusioned but determined to make it work. Too many years invested.

3 weeks out, WT tries to send me to Middle-of-Nowhere, Kansas. The locals did not want me or my classmate (who DID go). Made NO effort to help us find housing, or a job. They ran off a previous graduate.

I declined, had knee surgery, kept my full time job, restarted pioneering. (Thanks in no small part to Steve "Rubber face" Lett). But WT sent me 75 miles from home to Not-Much-Work, Illinois. Me and TWO other grads from our class. This congo was THAT fu&ked up.

I did that 150 mile round trip 3 times a week. Sunday, Thursday, and Saturday for 4 months. Did Tuesday and some FS close to home and worked FT... back home. NO support from Crooklyn. Got sick, lost 25 pounds, got down to 115 pounds. Doc checked for cancer....nope...stress. Told me to quit the commute. I did. Got kicked out of the MTS program. Took 10 months of fighting to get reappointed as an elder to where I ended up close to home.

Fast forward 5 years. Former elder, pioneer, MTS grad. Walked away, never to return. Forward 12 more. Never set foot there again. Why? Because they LIED to me all those years, told me at those conventions to make FT service my life. You know who encouraged me to keep applying for MTS at those CONventions?

Samuel "Turd" Herd.

I pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster I never see that fu#ker again.

Snakes

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I have family that are going to the new school for Kingdom Evangelizers. They are very excited.

Nothing I can say,would discourage them from their choice. It will be interesting to see what happens.

It is a lot to ask people to keep moving around every three or four months. Some of the older couples,they just send them back to their local area. But,the younger ones,out in the middle of nowhere,with few job prospects.

I do ,hope it may cause them to wake-up. But,if it makes them happy for now,I try to be supportive,on the surface anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit