Who Owns a Shih-Tzu?

by worldlygirl 11 Replies latest jw friends

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I'm tired of SwordofJah and all the ranting. Time for some fluff. Does anyone else out there own a Shih-Tzu? I have an 8-month-old and I just got a 9-week-old two days ago. These dogs are just the cutest things in the world!!! I have never seen such good natured animals.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

They ARE cute, but I'm partial to basset hounds myself. So what would you get if you crossed a Shih-Tzu with a basset hound? A Shit-hound! (Don't censor me, guys. Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Nina

• blondie
    blondie

We had a neighbor with one. They're so cute, like little dustmops. Irreverent says he feels like saying Gesundheit when people say Shi-Tzu. We can't get a dog with all our disabilities but we like Bichon Frises too.

Dogs are the font of unconditional love.

Blondie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Doesn't that mean "lion dog" in Chinese or Mandarin? If so, it's a perfect name for that kind of dog. I had a boss who had 2 of them. Yappy but sweet things, they both lived to be 15/16 years old.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I have one, his name is Max. Cute? So darned ugly he's cute. He's fairly good natured now, but wasn't when we first got him, I think he was abused before. He used to bark and snap at everyone, now he only gets hyper around liberals.

He's got the ugliest set of teeth I've ever seen, crooked. He makes a really wierd face and chews off to one side of his mouth when he gets in trouble. But he loves me for some reason, dumb mut. The folks we got him from had him neutered inspite of his having papers. No breeding for him. The Yorkie we got from them is also pure blooded, but has no papers...and isn't cut. Go figure.

Nice fluff by the way, I love my doggies. I'm gonna take pictures of them and post em later.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. I'll post mine tonight, too.

• Francois
    Francois

And not only are they cute, they are the most determined to be contrary, hard to train, disobedient dogs in the universe...next to the Llasa Apso.

ft

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

The first one I got was really disobedient (kinda like an apostate) and hard to train. But this new one is only 9-weeks and he is potty pad trained already. I couldn't believe it. I have to admit, though, I have lost more than one pair of shoes to these little sweeties.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I don't have one, but the lady below me does. That stupid dog barks ALL THE TIME.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Yep, my family has a shih-tzu. Her name is Kiwi. She's a sweetheart, but can be a royal bitch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit