Stereotypical Witnesses

by tazmaniac 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

In my congregation:

Brother Fortyyearoldvirgin: Lives at home with parents. They try to marry him off to any available single sister, just to get him the hell out of their house so they can enjoy their retirement alone. He felt he deserved a young, tan, beautiful, spiritual (in that order) sister who had never been married before. He applied homemade tanning lotion all year round, and received the nickname "Wood Grain." He asked me out, and when that didn't work, asked out my younger sister. Last I heard, he is still living at home unmarried.

Brother Poorandlonely: Showed up at our home, often at dinner time, because he only had 3 cans of soup at home and no one to share it with. Sincere and loving heart, but ignored because his clothes were not new and designer.

Sister Knowitallbossycow: Told everyone what to do and tried to put everyone in their place. Most people were frightened of her. She gossipped about everyone to everyone. About a year before I left, I finally had enough and told her off in front of everyone in the Kingdom Hall after a meeting. The only ones heard talking were me and her. She left me alone after that.

Little Sisterholierthanthou: Daughter of Brother and Sister Formermissionarieswhosefartsdon'tstink. Baptised at 11 coz she's so much better than the rest of us who were baptised at 13. Gives dissertations during the WT study, and writes a thesis instead of a 5 minute talk. Isn't she so spiritual? Becomes Little Sisterhaughtyheadupherarse very quickly, and tries to reprove Sister Wantstokickherarse (me) even though she is 15 years younger. Held up as an example regardless of snotty attitude.

Sister Suffersabuse: Stays with abusive husband, who has been "talked to" by the elders and has lost some of his "privileges" but is still considered in good standing despite beating his wife. Congregation is told he has stepped aside as MS because of "health reasons." Sister Suffersabuse's 3 children have all left the "truth" because of the hypocrisy.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Wolfgirl :

Brilliant ! Especially :

Sister Knowitallbossycow: Told everyone what to do and tried to put everyone in their place. Most people were frightened of her. She gossipped about everyone to everyone. About a year before I left, I finally had enough and told her off in front of everyone in the Kingdom Hall after a meeting. The only ones heard talking were me and her. She left me alone after that.

Well done !

• Number 6
    Number 6

And let’s not forget Brother Knownothinghandyman.

This is the brother who thinks that he has the solution to any practical problem with the Kingdom Hall maintenance and/or any brother or sister’s technical problems.

For example, if the PA is broken during the meeting then he’s there with a screwdriver and the amplifier in 150 pieces saying “he knows enough to ‘muddle through’”. By the end of the meeting the PA still isn’t working and what started as a blown fuse will now cost the congregation several hundred dollars in replacement audio equipment.

Also the type to turn up at Sister Singlemumsopoor’s house offering to mend the gas stove/heating/kids toys in the vain hope he might marry her. His visits to these unfortunate individual’s homes end up with more broken household items than when he arrived. He departs with the promise that ‘he’s got just the thing to fix that…’ then is never seen again.

Avoided religiously by Elder Wealthyandeveryoneknowsit, and all others who treasure their household possessions. By a curious coincidence he seems never to be told when Kingdom Hall maintenance jobs are going on.

Visits to his home reveal a complete mess which he grinningly tells us ‘he is in the middling of mending/decorating/adjusting.

Despite his claim to have a brilliant scientific mind he will be employed as a janitor or windowwasher because ‘he chooses to have it that way’.

I knew at least 3 people like this. A menace to be avoided.

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Sister Movestentimesayear, For one reason or another Sister Movestentimesayear cannot stay in on place for no more than 2 or three months. She always has an excuse and chides everyone in the congregation to help in the move. When you get there promptly at 8am nothing is packed or in boxes. Then just as we begin to help in the packing that she was supposed to do...poof....she HAS TO RUN TO THE BANK to get the security deposit...she is gone until all the packing is done. Then the triumphant return....then the bitching at who packed her can opener in with her books. And then there is the box that no one is supposed to look in or touch. She says it is memoriabilia from her mom and dad. We all knew it was her "BOB" ( battery operated boyfriend ) and other such things. Then the final touch... young brother uncoordinated breaks one of her ceramic figurines....she goes into tears for pity routine. What a sister !!!!!!!

• Bibbitybobbityboo
    Bibbitybobbityboo

Love this topic - it finally brought me out of lurkdom for my first post!!

This was me:

Sister Wastedyouth, Sacrifices her college years to regular pioneer. Keeps her young, healthy body covered from head to toe in JW Burka style (skirts below the knee, blouses baggy enough to always hide the hint of breasts, tan pantyhose and sensible shoes). Shuns attention from the male population because she's going to be AAA (Available after Armageddon). Until she gets close to 30 and realizes that she is completely unfulfilled, has a lame part time job that barely keeps the wolf from the door, wonders what the hell she is doing here when she finds herself at yet another meeting for field service, becomes bitter because the glass ceiling prevents her from advancing in the organization. Bethel doesn't want women unless they've gone to college and have a special skill that they can suck dry but she wasn't allowed to go to college so she feels useless and worthless. She longs for someone to love her and rescue her from this hellish life. Looks around at the available brothers and falls into a deep depression because she realizes that the ones with any potential would rather marry 17 year old, fresh, submissive sisters right from their daddy's laps. The rest are either divorced with children or pigs. Starts to wonder if there is more to life than this. Showing signs of joining the ranks of sisters plagued by mystery illnesses from Depression to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Realizes her bloom is fading fast and she better do something about it or she'll become mean, bitter and self-righteous just like Sister Fortyfiveyearoldvirgin. Finds out she is one of the few sisters in the congregation that isn't yet on Prozac but is inching towards that everyday. Begins to smile on the outside and scream on the inside...

At this point she either does become mean and bitter or she rescues herself by realizing she holds the key to her own cage. She makes the choice to escape with her life and never look back. Discovers that life can really begin in her 30's and finds real fulfillment and happiness for the first time.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Welcome, Bibbity! Glad you are finally enjoying life.

Aunthill

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Hey Simon, can you correct the formatting on my previous post?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Brother Hobo: Doesn't appear to have a home, comes to meetings in a suit, although doesn't appear to have bathed in months. Is believed to attend meetings only to receive free meals from Brother and Sister Giving.

Sometimes, Brother Hobo marries, either to a Sister Imahornyoldwidow, Sister Jehooverwillprovidde or Sister Singlemomohsopoor.

Sister Imahornyoldwidow: Pretty much explains itself. Her husband died 5 years ago and she's looking for a new husband because she's simply horny.

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

How about this one.....and I am probably going to get in trouble for this one....

Sister Biggestbehindyouhaveeverseen..... You know the one. She is always late and always has to get in the middle of the row right in front of you. You try to be christian but in your mind you say....damn...that is the biggest ass I have ever seen. How does she fit her behind into that chevy chevette of hers ??? Then your children begin to laugh and giggle at this solar eclipse size behind that is about 14 inches from their faces. And goodness forbid if she should fart during the meeting.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

OMG! I KNOW THE TYPE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

We had pleanty of sisters like that in my old cong, and when I say the word "sister" I'm not referring to a female member of the congregation.

Women like the ones in my old cong would make Sir Mix A Lot have a 6 day orgasm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit