Terry's Editorial on the Pledge of Allegiance

by TerryWalstrom 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• em1913
    em1913

The pledge issue was one thing the Judge got right. Swearing an oath of allegience under compulsion to the state, or any symbolic representation of the state, is pure, unalloyed Fascism.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    The pledge issue was one thing the Judge got right. Swearing an oath of allegience under compulsion to the state,

Yep and I betcha he wished he'd thought of it first.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Through the pledge, Bellamy sought to define “true Americanism” against the rising tide of southern and eastern European immigrants “pouring over our country” in the early 20th century from “races which we cannot assimilate without a lowering of our racial standard.” Although Bellamy conceded that “the United States has always been a nation of immigrants,” he argued that “incoming waves of immigrants … are coming from countries whose institutions are entirely at variance with our own.”

I see here a similarity in Australia ,in Victoria we have black African youth gangs committing violence ,robberies ,and not assimilating into society.They have become a real problem.

We also have a problem to some degree with Muslim youths who will not, do not, assimilate into the Australian way of life and are ISIS sympathisers which is a bit of a worry.

And it is now becoming evident that their are other Nationalities that are not assimilating into mainstream Australian life and if we are not careful we will end up with pockets of ethnic groups who will not assimilate and actually be in conflict with another ethnic group before long.

Potential problems with races and cultures : Who are not assimilating.

Muslims / Islam ,Chinese / religion ,Black Africans / Muslim /Christian. ,Jews who don`t assimilate and learn the English language.

And I believe their are more that could be added to that list .

Their are pockets of residential areas where each of these groups dominate to the exclusion of anybody else.

Are we going to have ghetto`s of different races in Victoria ?Australia ? in the near future ?

• em1913
    em1913

There were plenty of neighborhoods in New York in the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s that were strictly defined along ethnic lines -- if you were Irish you knew to stay out of the Italian neighborhoods if you knew what was good for you, if you were Polish you avoided the Hungarians, if you were Jewish you avoided the Irish, and so on and on. You could spin the radio dial in the years before WWII and hear a Tower of Babel's worth of different languages -- Yiddish, German, Polish, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, you name it. And meanwhile "race suicide" crackpots wrote long, hand-wringing articles in the Saturday Evening Post about how all these unassimilable immigrants were going to be the death, oh, the utter DEATH of God's Own Country.

And yet somehow, the world spun on and the children of those immigrants grew up to become splenetic senior citizens -- whose own "whiteness" doesn't extend back more than a century as such things were once understood -- fulminating about what all these new Others will do to God's Own Country. It's an old song, just one with a new arrangement.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I hope we see some improvement in mandatory public education system, this type of education is not very good as it stops children from taping into their full potential as human beings as it frowns on creativity and pushes for mass indoctrination into a cookie cuter herd animal. I think the 1960s was great because of all the protests as sort of mass rebellion against the institution of government and a questioning of authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit