Dodgy Disassociation

by Rainmakerone 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus
    shamus

Hee Hee!!! I knew it!!! They are human beings after all, and not self-rightcheous robots, like the society wanted us to believe!!!!

What a load of crap that WT org. is......... things never cease to amaze me!

• rocketman
    rocketman

It seems that your discussions, combined with that clue from your gf, got it into their heads to say you disassociated. It's a trick they've been using, and to do so just goes to show how ridiculous they are. You were not attneding and were no threat to them - they should have just left you alone.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    You were not attending and were no threat to them - they should have just left you alone.

Too true - now they've got another person with reason to feel resentful towards them on their hands. And this guy has some inside Bethel dirt to share - don't let us stop you, Rainmakerone!

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

one of the major suprises i had was getting called in before the whole branch comittee (australian) and a few other honchos for an interview. they were really concerned about the morale of the entire bethel family. one by one over many days they interviewed hundreds of us. the AVERAGE field service hours for bethel members had fallen to below 5 hours a month, and there was a major rift between the construction crew and the original members. also, many young married couples in there were acting like pork chops and having little private parties behind closed doors, and dobbing in groups of single guys for having parties. the partying got so intense that some very social lads had formed a group and were issuing "party cards" for members only shindigs.

• Hope_ful
    Hope_ful

Hey, Rainmakerone! I'm new here too. Welcome! My parents have an old family friend who "by his actions disassociated himself", too. (Anyway, that's what he was told). I always thought you had to write a letter or something official to be disassociated. If the elders choose remove you from the cong., it is disfellowshipping.

I've been inactive for quite awhile, but I see one thing hasn't changed: elders can make up any new rules as they go along and the rules they have can be twisted around to suit any purpose they (the elders) choose. whatever. Look on the bright side: now they will leave you alone! you're Baaa-aa-aad! (he he he).

Hh

• unique1
    unique1

Not that I am encouraging anything, but if they make an announcement without your consent saying you disassociated yourself and it has a negative effect on how people treat you, I believe that is called slander. I am pretty sure you would have a good case to sue them for that. I would think they would CYA on that stuff and make sure they have consent before making such an announcement. Whatever.

• unique1
    unique1

Actually I believe it is called "defemation of character" in the courts now a days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit